Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1landlord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Judgement law Ontario
    What is the time frame someone has to file/get a judgement against someone in Ontario?
    Example: Someone owes me rent in an amount exceeding $250,000.00, they're know where to be found, it would be difficult to find them. They left over a year ago.
    Once a judgement has been filed, what is the statute of limitations in Ontario?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 13, 2012, 06:57 PM
    Statute of Limitations refers to the time before a judgment must be filed. Once the law suit is filed the SOL clock stops. Once the judgment is issued its good for 10 years and can be renewed for another 10.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations on a judgement ontario? [ 3 Answers ]

Re: Statute of limitations Ontario. I was in a car accident in 1987. There was a judgement against me for $54,777.00. I filed bankruptcy and was told it was absolved. Last year 2010 while I was out of province,the other party took it back to court and my drivers licence was suspended for non...

Can a law firm collect on a judgement if I am already paying on another judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement with Citibank that I am curently making payments on. Capital One just obtained a judgement against me. I have a wage hearing with the judge in a few weeks. Can Capital one collect on this judgement since I am already paying on one already?

Prov. Ontario judgement from 1999 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have recently been contacted by a creditor (WFF) of who purchased a dormant debt from a company to which is no longer around Trans Canada Credit (thank gawd). They are trying to collect by way of threats. They reminded me that the old creditor sought and gained a Small Claims Judgement...

Expiration of a 'Judgement' in Ontario, Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the rules are regarding the lapsing of small claims judgements in Ontario, Canada? I received a judgement against someone in 1987. They disappeared shortly thereafter and have just now resurfaced. Can I enforce the judgement now? Thanks in advance!

Old Judgement in Ontario Canada, do I have to worry? [ 6 Answers ]

I divorced my husband back in 2000 and he filed bankruptcy without informing me. I signed our home over ot him prior then the bank came after me for the balance on the house. I live in another country now, have since 2000 and I am thinking about moving back home. My question is if I move back home,...

View more questions Search