Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cute_panda05 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 09:00 PM
    Economic Question please help
    The case mentions 2 different price elasticities: one for the adult population as a whole, and the other for a subset of the population: young adults between the ages of 15 and 24 years old. Plese give a brief explanation og what these actually mean i.e. explan these two measures as if you were explaining them to an intelligent person, who had no knowledge of the concept of price elasticity of demand.

Can you suggest some reasons these two groups may have different price elasticities of demand??
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2012, 07:59 PM
    In ecomonics it is important to understand the subsets of data that are available, age demographics are one example of the subsets available.

It is already known that younger people are responding to different stimulae, i.e. used car market rather than new car market, rental accommodation rather than mortgage finance, available cash, I'm sure you can continue to expore the stimulae and the impacts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me with economic [ 1 Answers ]

The case mentions 2 different price elasticities: one for the adult population as a whole, and the other for a subset of the population: young adults between the ages of 15 and 24 years old. Plese give a brief explanation og what these actually mean i.e. explan these two measures as if you were...

Is economic growth without economic development meaningless? [ 3 Answers ]

Is economic growth without economic development meaningless?

Economic profits, monopoly question [ 0 Answers ]

Time Jeans, Co located in London, is a private producer of fashion Jeans and clothing. John Time, founder and general manager, has recently announced his Retirement. Your company, a potential entrant into the market for jeans, wants to evaluate the shortand Long-run potential of this market....

What is difference between Economic Shock and Economic Stress? [ 0 Answers ]

In macro economic literature I saw both terms "economic shock' and "economic stress" but I don't know what is their difference exactly! Any help with reference regard to my question, please!

View more questions Search