Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Itching incessantly
    Ok, out with it... it's my nipple.

About 3 weeks ago my nipple was irritated: itchy. I checked it out and noticed a teeny tiny little scab dead center on it... and like a guy I picked it off :p

Since then it's been itching like crazy! :(

Also, sometimes when it's itchy, I notice it's hard - and the other one is not.

The only thing I've tried on it is Benadryl ointment and Gold Bond. Neither works. It itches constantly.

Googling nets zero for info on this. Surely I can't be the only guy on the planet that this has happened to...

I have a great Dr. but don't want to take the half day that it will take to get there, wait, see her then get back to my life.

Janine? Beuller? Anyone?

Can anyone say "holy cow, I know exactly what that is, all you gotta do is _________" and save me a trip to the Dr? :)

Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Rick, has the wife changed soaps, laundry or shower recently? Any new fabric softener?

While benadryl cream works the oral benadryl is much much better.

Let me continue to think here.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Yup. I think I can. Are you in a very dry climate?
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Winter is always a dry climate for skin problems.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Ok I'm concerned there is one question I have to ask... have you been having unprotected sex and got yourself pregnant hu huh you know itchy nipples are a sign don't cha J tell him ;)
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Yes, and as I have been getting older, my dry skin problem has become a nightmare. I use a very heavy lotion to combat it. You may want to try some vaseline. You need to heal the area and that works well.

Oh CBW! I didn't see your intuitive response. I was going to complain about my problem with itchy nipples but I didn't want to hoard in on Rick's post.

Rick, as we get older, the itchy dry skin problem increases. Try the vaseline for a few days and see if that doesn't help. If not, then you might want to visit the doctor to make sure there is nothing to be concerned about.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 04:41 PM
    It's typically quite humid here, even in winter, but I will add: Every winter I itch real bad in a few places; almost always the same places: a birthmark on my side and a mole on my back. I've got a lot of moles, many of which itch on and off, but the Dr. has already told me this is normal... and checked them all out and said they're OK.

Winter itching is very normal for me, but Gold Bond has always taken care of it. The itchy nipple thing is completely new to me.

The scab only sort of surprised me as I understand that even guys have a duct/hole there - so I figure some tiny bit of fluid might have seeped out just a bit, then dried up causing the scab.

PS. No changes in soap, laundry detergent, etc... and when I have sex I am always protected: The door is locked and the blinds are down. With 6 kids we must be very careful :)

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull

Rick, as we get older, the itchy dry skin problem increases. Try the vaseline for a few days and see if that doesn't help. If not, then you might want to visit the doctor to make sure there is nothing to be concerned about.
    Never thought of Vaseline. I'll give it a try.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Do you have a nasty case of bedbugs?

Just kidding. Could it be possible you have exzema (sp)?
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Oh vaseline is what the runners use to stop there nipples chaffing and falling off hehehehehe I know what it is your wife's been chasing you round the house and you have got nipple chaff
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 05:23 PM
    I've complained of winter itching before and described all well... shown the places, etc, but the Dr. has never suggested exzema... but I suppose anything is possible.

From the constant itching I do have, I'll know in a day if Vaseline works... so will report back and let y'all know.

Thanks so much for the input.

... and just in case, I'll add a 2nd lock to the bedroom door :D
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 05:32 PM
    If the vaseline does not work try Eucerine. It comes in a tube and a tub. Get the one in the tub. It works wonders. Also, if you already don't try wearing a soft cotton undershirt to minimize the rubbing.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 05:13 AM
    I'll give the vaseline a couple days and try Eucerine if it's not getting better. And I'm a t-shirt guy so that's no worry, but even so, I've got the vaseline on it - all covered with a 2x2 band aid so the t-shirt does not just rub it off or soak it up.

Thanks, all!
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2007, 05:30 AM
    RJ, how is the "nip" holding up today? :)
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Yesterday was day 1 and it was much better, thanks!
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2007, 05:50 AM
    That extra lock helped then ;) glad its not as bothersom as it was hell us girly's sure know what its like to have the itchy's there.

Free Online Pregnancy Test Rick try that giggle giggle
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Perhaps your wife could lather you up with moisturizer?

"Kids, here's $200, go to the mall and see a movie."

:)
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Lol :p
    Expert

Feb 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
    So Rick, who is the Daddy?

Come on, click Laura's link!!

Drum roll please
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Ok, I see now. You got me. I figured it was a joke but didn't realize it's a JOKE.

I and some other guy are in BIG TROUBLE!

I know it cannot be right. The daughter is cute like me, but Ms. Clinton, aka Bill, is just not my type :p :p
    Attached Images

Expert

Feb 23, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Sorry Rick, we just had to!!

My Baby Daddy is Michael Jackson!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itching Groin!? [ 2 Answers ]

Im 16 and I shaved my pubic hairs for about 1 year then stopped because my girl friend didn't like it, but now it is itching like crazy even with the hair grown back. It gets so bad that I lose sleep over it, any ideas?

My penis is itching in the inside. [ 9 Answers ]

I was studying in China. Recently, I came to Mongolia for work purpose. After a while, my penis started to itch. It's the tube inside. NOT the skin outside. It's not serious. And when I pee, I feel just a tiny bity hotness. Not bad. Just wondering why. Maybe somebody can help me. I have a new...

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me why I keep itching all over from my head to my toes I have not used are eaten anything different but my head and hands legs feel as though they are on fire but no rash just go red thank you:mad:

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

When I shave my vagina... it starts icthing... do you know what I can use to shave myself

View more questions Search