Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serenitynow422 Posts: 49, Reputation: 7

Feb 21, 2007, 03:39 PM
    So far yet so close
    My boy friend and I have been going out for about 2 years now... I met him online playing a game of pool. He lives in australia and I live in canada. He flew over to meet me face to face and we've been going steady since then... he just recently proposed to me. But when we spend like a week together or two weeks and then he has to leave it rips my heart to shreds. I don't know what to do, I want to be with him, but I'm afraid, afraid of that pain. Like when he leaves I wake up in the middle of the night and I reach out to touch his face but then I realize that its just my pillow and I break down. We talk every night and it gets easier... but I was just wondering if any one had any tips about how to handle the distance better when he leaves..
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Feb 23, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Oh I know how you feel. Your heart will always pine for him when he is away and it is OK if you cry. But, try to think of the next time you will see him and the good times you had with him. I used to keep a t-shirt he wore next to me when I slept so I can smell him. The first few days, after he leaves, is the hardest and if you feel like crying, just cry. It will make you feel better. And call him whenever you miss him. I'm sure he misses you as well.

Feb 24, 2007, 01:03 AM
    Thank you... I'm just afraid if I sleep with his shirt the scent will disappear hah
    sands_d Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 05:53 PM
    I'm going through the same thing sort of, although I broke it off. I don't really know what to do either. I met a man on vacation last Spring and he lives in Morocco, and I live in Canada. I visited him for a month last January. I'm not sure if I can handle waiting for immigration and can't afford to visit much, so I guess I just don't think I can handle it.

I hear writing letters is a really good way to stay in touch because you get to have something in your hand that they have touched (unlike e-mail).

Do you two have plans to move to the same country soon? I guess it would help if you have a firm plan.

Feb 24, 2007, 08:09 PM
    I'm planning to move in 2 years and yes what I do is write a letter every day and then send them in bulk. So I might send 10-15 letters to him at a time. Its like a present for him every month, he sends me flowers every month. We both work extremely hard because its very expensive, but we find ways around the prices. It all usually sums up what we're willing to do.
    sands_d Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Well you sound like you are handling it pretty well! Sending the letters like that is a really good idea. If you guys have a web cam, maybe you could make a web cam 'date' once a week. Another suggestion someone gave me is to make a recording of something you do one day so he can hear your voice and see you.

Feb 25, 2007, 12:28 PM
    That's an awesome idea : ] I just recently bought a web cam and he bought one for valentines so we could see each other

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Can I close one account? [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 retirement 401k accounts. (one of my companies was bought out by the other)I would like to close 1 of them out and put the money into a down on property in which to live. How much in penalties will this cost me % wise.

Will they ever close up? [ 4 Answers ]

Currently, I have 7 piercings in my ears. I have my first ones done when I was 8 and they were crooked (they never closed up from me poking earrings through them), so I had them re-pierced at 10 and they are also crooked. My second ones were pierced at 12 and one of those is crooked, and my third...

Am I close? [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to understand this question and a few others, this is my attempt, am I close or way off base? Thanks for your help in advance! Question 3 Prepare year end adjusting entries for each of the following: 1. Office supplies had a balance of $84 on Jan 1, purchases debited to office supplies...

View more questions Search