Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmccrohan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 03:04 PM
    What can my previous employer say about me in Texas?
    I have heard that someone that works for my previous employer is slandering my name. What should I do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
    OK your question and title are not matching too well. Is this person employed at your old job or is it your old employer? Have you been damaged by this persons statement? What exactly was said and to whom was it said?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Your employer can say anything they want about you as long as they don't lie.

If someone is telling lies about you that are damaging you, causing monetary harm then hire a lawyer and sue.
    rmccrohan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Well, I've decided to take the high ground here. I'm as bad as this person is, if I perpetuate the hearsay. Anyone I've ever worked for, or done business with, knows who I really am and the things I've done. I probably don't want to work for any company or person that would listen to the negative dribble anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get a w2 from a previous employer? [ 2 Answers ]

I need my w2 from wollborg/michelson.

What can a previous employer say about you? [ 11 Answers ]

I left my job of almost 2 years just recently. I am now seeking employment elsewhere and wanted to know if my previous employer can give me a "bad" reference. I didn't really leave on the best terms (did not give two weeks notice, but DID finish my shift that day, and informed them that I would not...

Can an previous employer stop you from working within so many miles of a new employer [ 8 Answers ]

My contract from my previous employer states that I cannot work for a new employer within Five miles and one year. I am a Veternian applying for a job less than five miles from My previous employer. (Its about 3 1/2 miles)About 2 months times has passed.

W2 from a previous Employer [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get my W2 from a previous employer? Is there any way to do this online?

1099 from previous employer [ 3 Answers ]

I started working for the new employer in 3rd week of November 2007. And my H1-B transfer is still in process - i.e.. Status pending. My previous employer did not pay me for the last 2 weeks, until Jan 2008. He sent me check for $2000 (from company's name). He says that he will issue me a 1099. So...

View more questions Search