Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tina 25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 09:29 AM
    Need Help finding Birth Parents
    I Was adopted in New York from the Foundling hospital.. I was told that the only information I could receive was non- identifying . My question is How do I go about finding identifying information?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
    If it was a closed adoption, your options are very limited---on purpose. You have no legal RIGHT to identifying information, because your birthparents' right to privacy is greater than your curiosity.

You can, however, register on reunion websites with as much information as you DO have and hope that one or both birthparents are searching.
    Mrsrojas87 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Good luck... chances are you don't want to know them! I didn't want to know mine!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding birth parents [ 1 Answers ]

I am adopted and I know things about my real family but my parents won't let me know about them what do I do when I ask them they don't stay on the subject. :(

Finding birth Parents [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I find Free Help finding my biological parents?:)

Finding my birth parents [ 3 Answers ]

I only know that my birth parents were teens living in the small city I was born. Where can I try to find them?

Finding birth parents [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about finding my birth parents without my adoptive parents finding out? I also don't have a lot of money so free is better.

Finding my birth parents in Illinois [ 6 Answers ]

I was adopted at birth in Illinois, 11/28/1964. I can't get any answers and need to fill this void. I was told that their last name was Estes. I was born at St.Johns Hospital in Springfield,Il.

View more questions Search