Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cruzx117 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 06:20 AM
    Can I get a good job in mechanical engineering with a felony charge?
    I'm currently studying mechanical engineering. I was charged but not convicted of grand theft and it will be exsponged soon but I'm worried that I will find it hard to get a job.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Some employers check the criminal records and some do not. When you say "charged but not convicted", what do you mean? Were the charges dropped? Were you prosecuted but found not guilty?

Either way, you need to read applications carefully and answer honestly when applying for jobs.
    onasharp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 09:20 AM
    I have a friend who she has a cousin who was able to get a job as a mechanical engineer in Calgary who has a similar situation to you so there is definitely hope. I would look into finding a job for when you graduate so that you don't come up empty handed. I also agree with this first comment, make sure you answer honestly on every application. Good question.
    http://www.hemisphere-eng.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanical Engineering versus Aeronautical Engineering [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking about the relationship between Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering postgraduate degree after completing Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree? How is the demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

Which gives more salary ?(civil engineering or mechanical engineering) [ 2 Answers ]

Which gives more salary ?(civil engineering or mechanical engineering)

Can I get a job becoming a paralegal with a felony charge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a felony charge for credit card abuse and I want to go to school for paralegal do you think I could get a job I am going to Virginia college online and their telling me that I couldn't get a job but it might me that they have different laws

View more questions Search