Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cllockhart Posts: 94, Reputation: 4

Apr 10, 2012, 09:29 PM
    Vacation Time and Sick Child
    My son is supposed to go out of state via plane on Thursday morning for a family visit with my ex. I have approved this vacation and have no problem with him going. (It took me awhile to be okay with it, but I am.) My issue is that tonight I noticed my son wasn't acting normal and was just tired. I went in to check on him a little bit ago and he has 101 degree temperature. I am a little concerned about him going on a plane in less than 48 hours if he is sick. If he is fine tomorrow then that is great but I just don't want him traveling and putting him through that stress if he is sick. Also, I would be scared that he would get progressively more sick and want to be there with him if he should happen to need hospitalization. I know hospitalization might seem far fetched, but his pediatrician thinks that he might have a similar condition to one that I had as a child which made me get more infections and have to be hospitalized often. I would be willing to do anything, including waiting until he feels better and flying out there myself with him when he is better. What does the law say about this issue? Can I deny my ex to take him in this situation?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 04:07 AM
    No, it will be up to you to update your ex on his condition. But unless there are other mitigating circumstances then there is no real reason to withhold the child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2012, 04:44 AM
    You discuss this with his doctor, if the doctor says no, then you and the doctor inform the father that he needs to wait until he is well.
    cllockhart Posts: 94, Reputation: 4

Apr 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Thanks for your answers. It actually turned out not to be an issue because by the time he went to bed tonight, he seemed to be feeling a lot better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hurt at work, Dr ordered no work, must I use up my sick & vacation time [ 4 Answers ]

When you are hurt at work must you use up your sick & vacation time.

Employer refusing to pay vacation/sick time benefits. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been a CEO for 7 yrs for this company who has started to fall on hard times because they are part of the auto industry platform. I obtained the position of COO after the CEO died and have been the Senior Director since. I carry no stock in this company. Recently the board decided to...

Salary treatment with Sick and Vacation pay [ 2 Answers ]

If you are salaried at 40 hours per week and you have company paid vacation and sick leave how do you calculate your pay for the week if you are absent for 4 hours of one day.

View more questions Search