Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Connect HD Cable box to Magnavox DVD/VHS player, to Samsung HDTV
    My HD Cable box has the three inputs Red/Green/Blue ((Pr/Pb/Y) with a component cable that exactly matches the back of my Samsung HDTV, but I want to put the new Magnavox DVD/VCR in the middle, and it only has the red/yellow/white plug ins... I am an electronic moron and I need HELP as soon as possible. Exactly what cable do I need to buy, and which ones go where?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Component video (Y, Pb, Pr) from cable box to TV.

Composite audio/video (yellow, white, red) from DVD/VCR to TV.

If you wish to record from the cable box to the DVD/VCR, then you will also want to do composite audio/video out from cable box to TV.

Otherwise if you do composite audio/video from the cable box, to the DVD/VCR, you will be limiting the picture quality of your cable box. Basically by forcing your HD cable box to go through your SD (standard definition) DVD/VCR, you would be eliminating your HD picture quality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Visio TV to Magnavox VHS/VCR without cable or dish [ 0 Answers ]

Bought 32" Visio LED TV and need to know how to hook up Magnavox VHS/DVR recorder. We do not have cable,dish, etc. Any help is appreciated. Right now I am recording on another TV and then playing on the DVD hooked to the Visio. Works, but not very convenient.

How to hook up a DVD/VHS recorder, HDTV, and cable box? [ 5 Answers ]

More specifically... A Panasonic DMR-EZ475V, a Sharp Aquos 1080p HDTV, and a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HDC cable box We have tried to use all of the diagrams provided by Panasonic to hook up the 3 devices, but none included the use of an HDMI cable. If anymore details are needed, will...

Dish Network box to my vhs/dvd player? [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to hook-up a vhs/dvd player to a Dish Network DVR box? I want to record directly off the TV to my own vhs tape. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Hookups for a RCA DVD Recorder plus VHS player to a DVR and a Phillips HDTV lcd TV/ [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I lost my instrutions and I'm normally useless when it comes to electronics. Can anyone tell me how to hook this up? With what colored Cables and if they need be fiber optic? Thanks Kevin

Cable box to DVR/DVD to HDTV [ 1 Answers ]

I spent 30 years in electronics and find that today's manuals are lacking in detailed information. Or, maybe I'm just dumb. Here's my problem. I have cable box DCT6200/DCT6208 (Time Warner Cable) and a Samsung LN-T4661F HDTV. I am looking at a Pioneer DVR-633H-S DVR/DVD. I want to record HDTV to...

View more questions Search