Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alaskachristine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Foreign money IRS question
    I have recently renouce my country's(Singapore) citzenship and I will be withdrawing all my Central Provident Fund from Singapore and transfer to my US account. Will I be tax for the money? I know I need to report the money but I am not sure if I will be tax here in US since I was already paid the tax in Singapore. What forms do I have to use?

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question concerning a foreign money transfer. [ 2 Answers ]

My wife owned land in her then home country prior to our marriage in 2005. She came to the USA in 2004 and we married in 2005. She became a US citizen in 2009. I am a born US citizen. Since she and we have no plans in ever living in Turkey ane we want our son to be raised and educated here, she...

What tax do I pay the IRS when selling a foreign property? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a resident Alien here in the US and file taxes with the IRS. I own property in the UK which I intend to sell, what are the tax implications of selling this property? There is no income or expenses from the property which I effectively use as a residence when returning home to visit family. I...

How IRS examine the foreign invoice? [ 3 Answers ]

I do business with a Chinese company ran by my cousin. And each year I have to pay it about 30,000 dollars for marketing fees. Since the company is a small one-member firm, they do not have formal invoice. They print out the invoice for me in a letter sized paper, with NO title page, but my...

What documentation is required for IRS form 3520 for foreign inheritance? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tricky situation in which one relative is getting the full inheritance and then splitting it up amongst the other children. So the "court order" will be different than how the money will be dispersed. Would it be acceptable to show a paper trail to show that the money came from an...

Transfer foreign money to US & come clean with IRS [ 17 Answers ]

A friend of mine moved from germany to California 10 years ago. He had saved around 200,000 euro in earnings he already paid regular income taxes on at the time he moved. But out of lack of understanding he did not declare the interest he made on his savings in germany or the US from there on. We...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.