Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debidenn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Can I change our PTO policy to outline unscheduled absences?
    We have an employee who abuses the PTO bank by using the majority of it for unscheduled absences. It is a front desk position and we are a small company. When this employee is gone with very little (an hour or less)notice, the rest of the staff has to scramble to cover those duties and answer phones, direct calls etc in addition to their own work. It has been an issue for the last two years, and we have had documented conversations. Can I add an adendum to the PTO policy that becomes effective only to the employee who is found to be abusing the unscheduled absences? This addendum would limit the number of PTO days that can be used as unscheduled. Last year alone, this employee was gone 22 times unscheduled, the year before this employee was gone 19 times unscheduled, then the scheduled time is on top of that. It has a huge impact on our other staff and office morale. I would like to put a stop to the abuse and take away the big pool this employee has to draw from. In 16 years we have not had any other employee do this. I would hate to amend the PTO policy for all of them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
    No the policy has to be the same for all people of the same class, Management and non management.

If you are allowing people to take off work with a hours notice and be out 19 or 20 times, you have a serious employee issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change a PTO belt on Craftsman ZTS7500 [ 4 Answers ]

Help!! I can't figure out how to change the PTO belt (the one that engages the back tires) on my zero-turn 7500 craftsman mower.

How to change the pto oil seal on a 18.5 hp briggs and stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

How to change a pto oil seal on a 18.5 hp briggs & stratton

Visitation after absences [ 10 Answers ]

What are the visitation rights of a non custodial parent who is with the custodial parent and has been absent for 11 years or so and never followed the standard visitation allowed by court order... child is 14 and does not remember parent. Thanks

Going in for an unscheduled appointment. [ 26 Answers ]

I am going to leave for an emergency appt with at my dr office in about fifteen minutes. I am having some really bad pelvic pains and thought it better to be safe than sorry. I am not seeing my regular dr but one of his colleagues *s*. I figured I would let everyone know what was happening and will...

View more questions Search