Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suicidal Addiction Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2007, 12:52 PM
    I like this guy
    I like this guy a lot and ever once in a while ill get a hug from him and stuff but I'm over weight and I know that but I really want to ask him out but he seems so perfect and I'm so not lol what do you think I should do
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 02:55 PM
    What makes him so perfect? He is not any better than you are. No one is any better than you are.

I completely understand what you feel when you say you are overweight. The low self esteem, the insecurity, the uncertainty that anyone will ever like you for just you, the possibility of finding a guy who will honestly date you just for yourself.

So I am going to say to you what it took me years to find out. If you do not like yourself, if you do not see your own value, if you look at yourself and cannot see what is positive and good about yourself - how are you going to present yourself to other people? Much in the same way, I am afraid.

The first goal you should have is to work on yourself. Concentrate on your own improvement. Weight loss? That is a healthy goal and achievable. Your doctor can help you with deciding on a diet plan. There are sensible programs out there like Weight Watchers and TOPS. Losing weight involves making healthy choices about foods, increasing exercise, finding alternative activities that do not involve food. It is doable.

Many people who lose weight find themselves esteem improves as their physical image changes. Makes sense. You look better, you feel better, and your attitude reflects that in increased self confidence.

Go beyond the weight loss and hopefully you can find someone to talk to that will help you understand your eating habits. Sometimes stress leads us to the foods we really should be avoiding. Sometimes the food we should not be eating so much of, is a comfort food to us. Not saying that it is bad, and can never be eaten again, but you have to learn all things in moderation and balance and portion control.

You need to realize that you are wonderfully and beautifully created. Everyone can use a little tweaking here and there. When we see models and movie stars, we are seeing the made up person. Not the real person. We are seeing a projected image, not the real deal.

There is a book you can get, possibly through your library, called, "Get Out of Your Own Way: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behavior" by M. Goulston & P. Goldberg. The book explains how we often sabotage ourselves with our behavior and thinking. The book gives some pointers on how to conquer those behaviors and thoughts.

If this guy likes you, he will like you now, just as you are. He will also like you tomorrow and the day after. He would be encouraging to you, respectful, and looking out for your best.

Wishing you the very best.
    Suicidal Addiction Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Wow I really never though about it like that before thanks I see your point so you have felt this way before I think everyone in their life feels that way eventually I think and I will look into that book
    prettyt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
    It doesn't matter if your fat because some guyz like fat girlz and you shouldn't be a shamed of your size because not every guy likes skinny girlz
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Feb 22, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Other than losing a few pounds, you should really really get to know him, bond over stuff you both like. If you guys truly bond, he will look beyond your physical appearance and only see your personality. Trust me.
    And besides just because your large shouldn't mean anything, it's the shallow guys who like big chested bimbos who have a great body.
    Look at America fererra, Queen latifah, all beautiful ladies, and all big.

I think you should just go for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Every guy [ 5 Answers ]

It seems that every guy I talk to you are all the same. I don't know what it is with that. I always get the guys who wants the same thing all the time, just to get one thing and one thing only half the time. And when I do find a guy who seems cool, there's always something I hate about them and I...

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

What can I do about this guy I like? [ 2 Answers ]

well it's only one guy but basically what I'm trying to say if I need help talking to this guy I like. I'm 14 and never dated anyone before so I am a little confused where to start. All of my friends have gotten boyfriends before me but it didn't really bother me until now. I'm shy and don't have a...

What to do with the guy? [ 2 Answers ]

Well at the first of oct me and my boyfriend broke up after 2 months because he wanted to go back to being friends and later down the road maybe try going out again I agreed with him except I made a mistake I started missing him sooo much and I did the worst thing I told him. He told me he didn't...

Need guy help [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys I want to really know from a guys perspective, what do you find hot or sexy in a girl(preferably a teen girl). Thanks :)

View more questions Search