Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carlosone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 09:14 AM
    How an oil producing country sells its oil
    How does an oil producing country sell its oil.

Say there is a country which produces some 2 million barrels per day. Consumes half million and sells the remaining 1.5 barrels to the international market. How does it go about it - in detail ! Please.

Thank you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 10, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Sorry, but not as clear cut as that.
    It's all based on Contracts and Futures.

Hopefully this article should shed some light on the subject: BBC NEWS | Business | Oil markets explained
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2012, 09:24 AM
    Hello c:

It's probably already given it's oil to the oil companies, or it wouldn't have even made it out of the ground.

excon

Apr 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Many thanks Curlyben and Excon.

Not the answer I am looking for, but your replies did raise some significant points to consider in search of an answer.

The search goes on :)

Cheers.
    BossMan

Apr 10, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Did you have a look at the link I posted as it should give you more information for research, but rest assured your "model" is not accurate as it stands so you need a rethink.

Apr 10, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Did you have a look at the link I posted as it should give you more information for research, but rest assured your "model" is not accurate as it stands so you need a rethink.
    I did exactly that, and the link you kindly provided was most helpful terms of general idea of the Oil market, and types of crude oil traded, etc. But what I am really after is that "how the oil producing nations governments - in OPEC that is - go about the sales aspect, after producing the oil!

Excon mentioned that its probably all under the control of the Oil companies. That might the case in the pre-1973 era, and may apply now to some nations. Yet most of them OPEC market their own black gold and do not allow foreign companies to do that for them. They do it on their own. And that's where my question lies: how these governments market/sell their oil !

Cheers!
    BossMan

Apr 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
    More links for you.

Oil Market Basics
    Oil Markets | Globalization101

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I found a black gunk (oil?) in my antifreeze and a milky substance on my oil cap? [ 1 Answers ]

I found what I think is oil in my radiator and there is a milky substance on my oil cap. Also my hoses in my engine are soaked in oil from the inside out. Now my car runs fine it doesn't smoke or anything. But I'm sure these symptoms are no good. HELP!

2005 Town & Country Oil Leak [ 1 Answers ]

My 2005 Town and Country with only 44K miles is leaking oil. It looked like the leak might have been the oil pan gasket. So I put a new gasket on and cleaned everything. After replacing the gasket it is still leaking, but this time the oil is only leaking between the engine and transmission...

2001 chrysler town and country oil gauge comes on [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 town and country (3.8 engine) engine light came on a couple of weeks ago, I checked most things I can check visually and found the oil about a quart low so I added the oil and disconnected the battery to reset the alarm. About a week later the light came on again then the oil light started...

View more questions Search