Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    6don25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 08:54 PM
    How to move a gable wall to expand a garage
    Have a 20' by20' garage and would like to extend it on the gable end by another 20'.Would it be practical or possible to just cut the gable end free from the walls and roof and move it 20', attach the new front and back walls and install roof trusses. Reason for looking at doing this is, have windows in it and vinyl siding and don't need that wall in the expanded garage. Any comments appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Header in Gable End Wall [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for some input on headers required in Gable End Walls. I don't have a true header above my livingroom window and am wondering if, since it is a gable end wall, one is required. In the attached pic, the blue rectangle is the rim joist (SINGLE 2x10 - approx. 15' overall length) which...

How to build an interior wall inside garage without removing the garage door [ 5 Answers ]

I want to build a wall inside my 1 car garage, I have flooring down already with those 2ftX 2ft squares with plastic on the bottom and click together wood flooring on top. I can't (because of condo docs) remove the garage door.. but I want to make this into a bedroom. Myidea is to seal the garage...

How to replace sill plate on gable end wall [ 0 Answers ]

I have a rotten sill plate and sheathing on the gable end wall of a one story ranch. There is a short 4 foot high wall on top of the foundation wall supproting the first floor. It is 2X4 construction with 1/2" OSB sheathing and vinyl siding. The sill is rotted due to almost no clearance between...

I hear there are plans to make a move about Clark Gable. Who should portray him? [ 9 Answers ]

Clark Gable is probably the finest actor in movie history. If there is a movie about his life, who should portray him?

Garage door spring, compress or expand? [ 2 Answers ]

I weighed my door then bought a second hand spring for a 7 x 9 door. I was told turn it approx. 8 rotations. I know to be careful , use visegrips as a backup and keep my face away. The question is do I expand or compress the spring? Thanks!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.