Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdude9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Help! Need professional advice!
    So my girlfriend's last period started march 10. Its usually like clock work, no matter how much stress she is under. Nothing has changed in her eating habits or her work out. Now we usually practice safe sex, we use condoms, but when she has her period, we don't use them being told that you can't get pregnant.

But I have come to understand if we did have unprotected sex on the last day, of her period there is a chance she could be pregnant? She almost ALWAYS get pre cramps an entire week before the real thing comes. She should be due to have it and has no sign of cramps, she says she doesn't feel it coming on at all. We have been going out for 4 years and its been like clock work with her period.

Is there any info you can give me at all?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 9, 2012, 07:17 PM
    She can get pregnant during her period. It might be less likely during certain times, but it's always possible.

Who told you otherwise?
    kdude9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 07:31 PM
    She has a sexual orientation class and they addressed this issue teacher said no... I have been researching this and apparently a women's actual period( as in discharge and all) be over with but still bleeds and also read in several spots that towards the end of her period can be her ovulating period. And we did have unprotected sex where I climaxed in her on her last day of her period it was real light.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2012, 08:03 PM
    Yes a women can become pregnant even on their period, ( but it is not as likely)
    Also my last read says condoms have about a 10 percent failure rate as normally used in the US. And when used perfectly still have a 3 to 4 percent failure rate.

So even having protected sex, if all you used was a condom that leaves a chance. And yes having sex on her last day of her period can lead to pregnancy also.

She needs to wait about another week and take a home pregnancy test using the first urine of the morning for best results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can do other professional course or not... [ 1 Answers ]

M in cwa finals so is it permisssible to do cs along with it.. Please help

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

Looking for a professional [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have major family and personal problems in my life right now, and I don't want to share it on a nonsecure website. If there is anyone that you guys know that I could talk to , to help me sort through my life, who is a certifiable professional, It would really really be great. Thank...

How Can be a professional [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Shnaice. I am 14 years old going to the 9th grade. I want to become a pro in singing because this always been my dream I just don't know where to start. I like the idea of American Idol but I don't want to compete I want to make it another way. I'm trying to think of a good...

Windows XP Professional [ 4 Answers ]

Hello , I have Windows XP Pro . Shouldn't I have a Speaker Icon on my task bar to adjust my settings ? I find this odd I don't . If so , How do I go about getting a Speaker Icon Added . :cool: Thanks , Lisa

View more questions Search