Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DannyBranch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 06:40 PM
    36ft span with 2/12
    I was in a new garage being built and they used pine 2/12 36 ft long. A 20ft PC. With 13ft pcs. But up with metal fabricated plates on both sides and supported from roof gable with same plates at 12ft from sides. This dose not look right to me . Please tell if this will work.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 9, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Was this a truss?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far will a 2x12 span [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to use 2 2x12s as a header put a 4x4 at each end 16ft will I be OK its an over hang on the house about 5.5 feet wide and 16 ft long

Building bricks are closely stack in a pile 7ft. High, 36ft. Long, and 12ft. Wide. [ 2 Answers ]

If the bricks are 2 in. by 4 in. by 9 in. how many bricks are in a pile?

I want to span a 19 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 18'7" x 20' two story room. Going to add a room over this room. We will need to span 18'7" width with 2x12s on 12" center. Will this support the new floor on second level, with furniture and a television, as described. It is better to go an engineered flooring system, double up the...

Need to span 8' opening [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This is my first time on a forum such as this, so please bear with me. I'm in the process of building a music studio using what is called the "room in a room" technique where each room in the building has it's own walls and ceiling completely separate from one another, the only...

Span of 2x12 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm building a deck and was wondering how far I could span 2x12 joists

View more questions Search