Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susangmeade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 01:14 PM
    What to do about diaper rash?
    My little one has a rash and it's a little spot that won't go away with any cream and its starting to look really bad. What do I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 9, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Take your child to the pediatrician.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 9, 2012, 03:46 PM
    What we do in the nursery where I work is put Crisco (yes shortening) on the bottom. This prevents any urine from penetrating giving the bottom time to heal. You can also use corn starch as a powder at each diaper changing. But, don't use both. It's either one or the other.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2012, 12:49 PM
    I used corn startch in each diaper changing, whether there is a rash or not. And if a rash does pop up (which wasn't often as long as I kept up with the powder) I put original desitin ointment (not the cream) on and then powder over it as well.

Kept my little one pretty rash free most of the time :) hope this helps!
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Apr 16, 2012, 11:40 AM
    I used Weleda diaper cream and the rash always went away quickly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Diaper Rash [ 0 Answers ]

My Newborn baby has diaper rash and nothing is open right now to get cream I have "Baza Protect 2 occlusive skin Protectant Cream" but don't know if it safe to use as I used on my elderly mother when she need diapers.

When will she diaper from our lives [ 13 Answers ]

When will he and i be really togather as a couple

Diaper Cake - DIY? [ 3 Answers ]

I am hosting a baby shower for a dear friend in two weeks, and am interested in making my own diaper cake. I will use this cake as my centerpiece as well as the focus of our memory game. Does anyone out there know how to create the diaper ckae that has the diapers overlapping each other in a wave...

Sewing a Diaper Bag [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in sewing a diaper bag for my sister. She is having her first baby and I want to do something special. I've looked around for some free patterns but haven't come across anything. Does anyone have any patterns they have used before, or know of any good locations to get free...

Handmade diaper bag [ 1 Answers ]

So I am pregnant and have been put on bed rest for the next few weeks. So technically I am trying to keep myself from going crazy. A friend of mine has a diaper bag that her sister made her and I would like to make my own. I have yet to find a pattern on line. So if anyone has a pattern they...

View more questions Search