Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammiebaaby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 06:46 AM
    How long does it take to become pregnant after the depo needle?
    I am 17 years old and I've been on the needle over a year, but I was still having a period every month with it even as soon as I had the shot a few days later I would be bleeding. I went to the doctors and spoke about it and he advised me to come off the depo been as I've not gained abit of weight just lost it and was still bleeding with it. So last month I didn't go for my shot and a few days later I was bleeding again. But because I'm bleeding does that mean I have a chance of getting pregnant or not?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2012, 07:26 AM
    Yes, you are now considered unprotected. While the chances are pretty slim, you can become pregnant even if you are bleeding. Any time you have sex protected or not, it is possible to become pregnant. The depo shot lasts 3 mo. So if you were due to get it last month, and did not, you are no longer protected.
    sammiebaaby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Okaay then thank you, just wasn't sure if I was possible to still get pregnant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? Was meant to have depo needle in feb but didn't have it. [ 3 Answers ]

Getting headaches, feeling light headed and sick in the stomach. Eating a lot.

About the depo needle? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I used to be on the pill some time back for a few years but Always forgot to take it so I decided the best thing to do was go and get the needle I have been on it now nearly 9 months and I never got my period all that time apart from now. I'm fine with that but I've just seen on this site...

Not understanding the depo needle [ 1 Answers ]

I was on the depo needle 2 years ago and changed from the needle a year later to the birth control pill. I have been off contraceptives all together for over a year and I am still not pregnant. I have been trying and starting to become very frustrated. Can someone answer a question for me? How...

Depo Proveria because Needle [ 15 Answers ]

You say that it takes up to 12 - 18 months after you get off Depo to get pregnant right? I was just wondering can you get pregnant as soon as you get off the needle, is it possible? Or do the majority of people get pregnant months after they are off.. of like a year and so many months after? Will...

View more questions Search