Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kkaatt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 09:10 PM
    Is it normal to have a long period after starting the depo shot?
    I have had my period for three weeks and it still hasn't stopped. Is this normal with the depo shot? Will it stop? Should I still get my second shot to see if it stops?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2012, 07:45 AM
    It is very common to have continued or irregular bleeding following the start of a hormonal birth control. I know from experience that the Depo shot in particular can cause extended periods. Once your body becomes accustomed to the new regime, it will taper off some. However, I know it is possible for women to have 3 different outcomes while on the shot. They will either contine to bleed irregularly, will cease bleeding completely, or will have a normal monthly occurrence. Unfortunately, the result depends on the woman, so there is no way to know which way you will go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will I be on my period after the depo shot? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm neaka.I was on depo for a year. I suppose to got my shot April 7 11, but I didn't go back. Its now July 2 2011. I just started back bleedin June 29. Is is my regular period or what.

I took the depo shot and haven't had my period for 4 months is that normal? [ 1 Answers ]

I had the shot on oct 22 2010 and haven't had a period since is that normal?

Long period after getting the depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

I got the depo shot thre weeks ago and I've been on my period every since is that normal and will I ever off?

How long does it take to get your period after 1 depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

I had 1 depo shot in March of this year. I have not gotten my period yet. I never had a depo shot before and always always always had normal regular periods. Should I be concerned?

How Long Will It Take For My Period To Come Along Now That I'm Off The Depo Shot? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Name is Ashley, I am 18years old. I was on the shot for almost 1 year and I had a doctors appointment for my next injection and I never went to the doctor to get it because I was sick and in a lot of pain when I was on so I decided to not go back for it. And I have talked to my friend who...

View more questions Search