Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knocksteady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 02:06 PM
    19 and like a 16 yr old
    I am a 19 year old living in California, and I was introduced to a girl by one of my friends about 6 months ago. Ever since, we started hanging out and we are now pretty close friends. I can tell that she likes me, from what she does and also what my friends tell me. All of my friends say that we would make a really cute couple.

The only problem is tough, she is 16 years old. I have tried to hide my affection toward her just because of this. She tells me that I'm cute, nice, funny, etc. and all I could say is "thanks." I want to tell her the same things, but I am still reluctant if I should be in this kind of relationship. I genuinely like her, and I have nothing but the best intentions.

I need some advice, I want to tell her how I really feel about her, but I don't know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing... What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 8, 2012, 02:22 PM
    I would hope you realize that she is a teen in high school, and maybe should keep a healthy distance until she graduates. No matter the feelings, yours, her hers, or your good intentions, her parents may not like a grown man sniffing around there teen age daughter. As a father, I sure would NOT!

Enjoy your own age guy, and keep a distance from her. You don't have to act on your feelings, especially if common sense tells you this could be a complicated disaster for YOU!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 8, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Keep your feelings to yourself. You are too old for this girl. She should be enjoying her High School years and you, girls your own age.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2012, 03:14 PM
    As long as you have no plan for any sex for a couple of more years. Dating is never the issue as long as her parents consent. It is having sex that will put you in jail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search