Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angwri Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Water Leakage From Air Vent
    Hi,

During a heavy rain I have water leakage from from air vents. This has happened two times from two different air vents. It happened once during the Spring and this Winter. Would anyone have an idea why this is happening and who should I call (roofer, A/C, Duct Cleaner, etc)? Also a side of my wall near a light switch shows signs of mildew which I constantly clean. I was wondering could this be related to the air vent problem. Thanks for whatever help anyone could give.

angwri

:eek:
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Feb 21, 2007, 01:19 PM
    I'd call a roofer, since it only happens during a hard rain.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Could be a roof problem. I would check that first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return Air vent sucking air... and being really loud about it [ 5 Answers ]

In the middle of our living room is a return-air vent. It goes straight up to 2 of the bedrooms upstairs also. When the furnace kicks on, the noise coming from the vent down here is rediculously loud, almost to a point where nothing else is distinguishable above the wind sound. The furnace's...

Boiler air vent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing another zone to my force hot water (baseboard) boiler. The initial installation has a shutoff valve and plug on supply and return so extra zones can be installed. On other multizone houses, I've noticed that each extra zone has an automatic air bleed valve on the high point of the...

Water Heater Leakage [ 1 Answers ]

Help, help, pleeeeeeeease help, I have a major leak coming from the bottom of my hot water heater, specifically, from the right side, which is the cold water supply side. I turned off the hot water valve , but the water kept coming out at a rapid pace. I then shut off the cold water supply line...

Kenmore Heavy Duty washer water leakage? [ 2 Answers ]

It would be wonderful if anyone can help. I have and old Kenmore heavy duty Washer, Model#c1104430081 canadian model. Problem starts as washer becomes full of water, leakage seems to occur between washer basin(if that's The correct term?) and adjacent metal connector. Leakage increases on...

Air Vent pipe replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Live in an old house that has exterior metal air vent pipe--it exits the crawl space through foundation blocks (above ground), runs up the clapboard, through the roof eave. A wood cabinet has been built over that portion of the house, so now there is no easy access to working with the pipe. ...

View more questions Search