Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12jimmy12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 11:26 AM
    One of my wires from the breaker to my hot tub fried, why?
    5 wires lead from 2 breakers to the hot tub board, one of them is completely fired,do you think I can just replace the wire or do you think it is the board?
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Apr 9, 2012, 04:08 PM
    If one of the wires is fried at the board it may have been caused by a loose connection. Without physically seeing the board the question of replacing it can not be answered.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Definitely a loose connection, If you cannot do a repair or "outboard" the connection, you may need a board, any bad connection or splice will heat up and fail again.
    "Loose connections Generate Heat"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with hot tub breaker going off. [ 0 Answers ]

My hot tub is approximately 8 years old and recently I've noticed that when I use the tub at night, the breaker tends to go off after a few minutes of use. I can't figure out why because I've never had the problem occurring when using it during the day? It doesn't make any sense to me why it only...

Hot tub breaker goes off. [ 2 Answers ]

My hot tub turned off. When I reset the breaker, it displays 8888 for a second and then goes off. This continues and we have no power.

What size breaker for hot tub [ 3 Answers ]

HI All I live in a condo . Our hottub heater conections got loose and burned up the insides of the control box. The heater is 15 plus years old so we bought a new unit. We replaced the wires from the gfci too the control box on top of the heater with #6wire My question is if I'm...

Hot tub trips breaker [ 2 Answers ]

Hot tub trips breaker after running for a while, but it doesn't do it all the time:

Hot tub circuit breaker tripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have had this hot tub for about 6 years. It has a history of blowing an internal 20 amp fuze. But, lately it runs a little while and then trips the circuit breaker. Any ideas?

View more questions Search