Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pfleming2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Belt won't tighten on craftsman mover and blades won't engage
    We put a new belt on deck but the belt is real loose and the blades do not engage, it's really hard to engage the blades as well . Model 28928
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 8, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Hi,
    That is not a valid model I know of. Many Craftsman decks have a bushing that the engagement pivots on. Rust, dirt or corrosion at this point will keep it from engaging and will make moving the lever to engage difficult. Look for the bolt and nut that hold the pivot together.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman lawn tractor model 917.256524 when I engage the blades the belt will not tu [ 5 Answers ]

When I engage the blades on my 917.256524 the belt does not spin is there a tension adjustment for it?

Blades will not engage on Craftsman ZT7000 [ 2 Answers ]

I was trying to get my mower running for the first time this year. I had to replace the battery first. While connecting the positive lead on the battery I accidentally touched the negative lead with the wrench and caused a small fireworks show. I didn't think much about it until I tried to start...

Craftsman lawn mower #917273030. How do you tighten the belts that go to blades? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lawn mower model 917273030,when the blades hit the grass they stop spinnig, belts slip. I need to know how to tighten the belts that go to the blades. Thanks

Craftsman mower blades won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 42", 21 hp Craftsman Bob Villa mower and when you pull the PTO switch out it kills the engine. If you slowly pull it out the blades will engage as long as it stays in same position, you can't pull it all the way out or it will kill the engine. Have replaced the PTO switch, same results. ...

View more questions Search