Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    memphis34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 05:33 AM
    Heating and air conditioning circuit board
    Hi The heat will not work when I go to heat but the induce draft motor stays running.When I call for a/c the outside condenser comes on and the induce draft motor continues to run and the blower motor won't come on.I check the motor,and thermostat and all wires to circuit board was okay.I replaced transformer and still have same problem and on the circuit board the yellow light will not cut off and the red light is very light and will not stop blinking is the circuit board bad.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Apr 8, 2012, 09:48 AM
    Possibly, but first check your vacuum motors hoses. The motor is meant to pull a vacumm while checking that the out door draft is not plugged by a birds nest or other obstruction. If it is then the motor cannot create enough vacuum to trigger the vacuum switch. If the vacuum switch cannot trigger, then the motor runs continuously trying to create it, but the furnace gas valve or blower motor will refuse to run. It's a safety function to prevent carbon monoxide into the house. If the hose leaks or is cracked, the vacuum cannot be created either, or the Vacuum switch itself is bad (you can temporarily jump it out to test it.
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by memphis34 View Post
    hi The heat will not work when i go to heat but the induce draft motor stays running.When i call for a/c the outside condenser comes on and the induce draft motor continues to run and the blower motor wont come on.I check the motor,and thermostat and all wires to circuit board was okay.I replaced transformer and still have same problem and on the circuit board the yellow light will not cut off and the red light is very light and will not stop blinking is the circuit board bad.
    Hi with the thermostat turned to heat and set high enough to call for heat . What happens. Is there 24 volts when you when you use a elect tester on the W and C terminals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire a circuit board in a Carrier air conditioning unit, part #HH84AA017? [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for wiring diagram for carrier cicuit board part #hh84aa017

My ruud Heating & Air Conditioning is not blowing hot air [ 1 Answers ]

My ruud Heating & Air Conditioning system is not blowing hot air, everything is working fine but not blowing hot air when I put it to heat

Circuit board for air conditioning unit [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn my t stat to heat it pops my fuse in the circuit bd. The a/c works fine . I looked at the heater elements and they look fine no broken wires.when this happens I see an arc on Or near the board.please help.

Air conditioning circuit board [ 4 Answers ]

I have replaced a lennox air conditioning circuit board but it keeps flashing. How do I find out what's wrong if I don't have an owner's manual?

Heating and air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

How to test a 120 to 24 volt transformer can you use ohms if its out of the system?

View more questions Search