Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Dishwasher blowing fuse consistently
    I have an older Kitchenaid undercounter Dishwasher model KUD123HB. While running going through the cycles it will some times blow the fuse. You put it back in and it works fine. Some time will go by and it will blow it again going to another cycle.. I'm considering getting another dishwasher but would like to keep this one working with out always having to reset the fuse till I locate one. Any suggestions on what the problem could be or procedure to locate problem in unit or connection.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 7, 2012, 02:30 PM
    What other appliances are on that circuit?
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2012, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    What other appliances are on that circuit?
    None, I did some research and pulled the box for the connection to the wall outlet on the dishwasher and there was exposed wire on the black. I cut it out and taped it with electrical tape and am running now to see if it blows the circuit breaker? I feel confident that was the problem!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

E fuse in Carrier gas furnace keeps blowing. Should a different fuse be used? [ 1 Answers ]

E fuse in Carrier gas furnace, model 58MCB, keeps blowing. Should a different fuse be used, or is the problem likely in a component.

Fuse Keeps Blowing [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HK42FZ004 cercuit board. The fuse started blowing every so often after I resoldered two resistors with cracked solders. The fuse noe blows as soon as I replace it and turn on the power. I cannot figure out where the problem is. Please help

Fuse keep blowing [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure what is happening, We have two units the upstairs is running just fine. Now the downstairs keep blowing the fuse in the furnace. What it does is that it will let the fan run but when I reduce the temp. so the a/c will come on it blow the fuse. Thanks, George

A/C keeps blowing fuse [ 11 Answers ]

I had an earlier post about neither the furnace or a/c working... well the problem was a blown fuse, and I have no idea why I didn't find it earlier. Anyway, I replaced the fuse and the furnace heat now works, but when I go to the a/c, the fuse blows every time. My furnace takes a little 5 amp buss...

Keep blowing fuse [ 1 Answers ]

1998 Dodge Ram, been sitting for about a week, went to turn on windshield wipers and they didn't work. Check the fuse and it was blown. Changed fuse and as soon as I put it in the fuse blows. Did this several times and no luck. ANY IDEAS! THANKS,

View more questions Search