Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alesus2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2012, 05:51 AM
    How long should I not eat?
    I had a baby 6 months ago and I'm still overweight by almost 30 lbs. This is my 2 baby but my 1 girl. I was thinking that if u don't eat, you don't gain weight, u lose it. How long can I go without eating? I am 24, 5'6 and 194 lbs
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2012, 05:57 AM
    No eating makes your body think there is a famine and slows your metabolism down... making it harder to lose weight... you have to reduce your caloric intake somewhat while maintaining a balanced diet... but not too much. That's why people who do crash diets usually regain what they lost plus more. Which is exactly what you are trying to do... and being you are nursing its doublely bad, as you are going to have accelerated done density loss due to nursing...
    toddcandi Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Apr 6, 2012, 01:28 PM
    No offense but your breeding? If you don't know how to properly take care of yourself why are you having kids?
    Like the other person said, starving yourself is just going to make you gain even more weight the first bite you take. There are no easy ways out of losing weight, just eat right and excersize and keep a positive attitude about it. I am happy your trying to make sure your at a healthy weight.
    You need to [learn how to] be healthy
    So that your baby is healthy
    And so that your kids learn how to be healthy
    Weight and poor self health are bad habits to get into and they are incredibly difficult to break. But if you get yourself started down the right path as well as your children than you will all live longer healthier happier lives.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 01:37 PM
    Like smoothy said, if you don't eat, your body goes into starvation mode, saves the fat cells, and dumps the muscle cells. That means you won't lose weight by not eating, plus you will totally mess up your baby's nutrition if you are nursing.

Don't eat bread or crackers or snack chips or anything with sugar or flour in it. Eat lean meats like chicken and turkey, raw/fresh (not canned or frozen) fruits and vegetables. Do yoga twice a day for a half hour, the basic postures, and learn them from a class or from a YouTube video.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 02:46 PM
    Without what repeating what Smoothy and Wondergirl said, remember that it took a long time to put this weight on, it's going to take longer to get it off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My aunt is in the hospitalshe can not eat or drink or swallow,how long can she live ? [ 3 Answers ]

My aunt is in hospital heavily medicated for pain she can not eat or drink and Cabot swallow,she has no feeding tube in her living will.how long can a person go without food or water?just trying to prepare myself.

5 month old taking too long too eat. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my best friend lets her 5month old daughter fall asleep at 6pm and doesn't wake her up to eat until 5am, she how thinks it is OK to allow her to sleep that long without feeding her in between those hours. My question is how long is too long for a 5month to sleep without eating?

How long does this no eat no sleep phase last? [ 4 Answers ]

So I've been broken up for 2 days now. And I can't eat except a few bites a day. This is not healthy for me I am very skinny already (size 0) and I have hypoglocemia (sp?). I used to pass out when I didn't eat. But its like food is disgusting. I also couldn't sleep at all the night we broke up. And...

13 Week Old Puppy Won't Eat (Long Read but with Cliffs) [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 13 week old Alaskan Husky/Golden Retriever puppy and every time we put her food bowl down all she does is sniff it, eat a few pieces and then walk away or drink water. Here's the long story (sorry for the long read): Up until around the 8 week mark, her appetite was really good. She...

View more questions Search