Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pines2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2012, 04:59 AM
    Office Cleaning Rates
    Hi, how much should I charge for cleaning of an office space approximately 1000 square feet, 2 washrooms, 12 desks (all with computers+phones), pantry, conference table + chairs? There is also 1 big printer and 3 smaller printers which need to be dusted. Small appliances (microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, water dispenser) need to be cleaned too. The office is 500sq ft downstairs, and the other 500sqft is on 2nd floor. The office is located inside a shopyard which is very dusty in the summer, very muddy come rain, and slushy in winter.

So it's dusting + wiping tables and chairs, vacuuming floors+baseboards, wiping cubbie holes, wiping down windows, picture frames on walls, mopping floors, cleaning 2 washrooms (sink + toilet), dusting/wiping office equipment, cleaning pantry + appliances. Refill supplies (toilet paper, hand soap) in washroom. Wipe doors. Take out trash + line trash bins with plastic.

Cleaning is once a week. It takes approximately 2 hours for 2 persons to finish the job.

Is $75 per cleaning fair? Or should I ask for more? Supplies are provided by them.

Thanks.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 9, 2012, 06:42 PM
    In the Chicago area a fair cost would be $0.15 per sq ft or $150.00 / week, $650.00 / month. Pricing varies; location, type / condition of building, competition, etc.

This would include you providing all cleaning supplies and equipment. Does not include the consumable supplies; toilet paper, paper towels, hand soaps, trash bags, etc.

This is a suggested price, pricing is always your decision in the end.

Good luck,

Stringer
    pines2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 01:59 AM
    Thank you very much for your response! Appreciate it greatly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office cleaning rates per sq. Foot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the going rate for general office cleaning about 5,000 square feet and how long will it take to clean the office building?

Office cleaning rates [ 5 Answers ]

The business I am going to clean is located in Harrisburg PA, 7 Offices + an assembly room downstairs all equal approximately 1500 sq ft to empty trash and vacuum then 6 offices + and layout room and conference room upstairs all equal approximately 2100 sq ft to empty trash and vacuum in addition...

Cleaning rates [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure if this is truly etiquette or business.. Anyway, I have a woman coming to clean my house tomorrow. I found her on craigslist. She didn't list any rates, she seems to just be desperate and looking for cash or food. So I emailed and told her if she was interested I could afford to pay...

Rates on Office cleaning [ 6 Answers ]

I am stating a office cleaning business .I will be cleaning these offices by myself, I would like to know what to charge to clean these office .

Rates for cleaning homes [ 1 Answers ]

What are the rates for cleaning homes, offices etc. My focus right now is on contractors and real estate companies. I would like provide the post construction clean-up crew

View more questions Search