Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 9, 2012, 05:06 PM
    Dani, I just want to add something, and then, seeing as you're the author of this thread, I do believe you can close it if you want. Delete it, no, it's not violating the rules of this site, but I think you can close it, or ask to have it closed.

Now for my add. I don't disagree that prostitution is wrong, but the way you're going about it is akin to the arguments in the religious forum. You have your opinion, and you have a right to that opinion, but you cannot expect everyone to agree with that opinion just because you believe it's right.

You have to learn to accept that everyone has a different point of view, and that prostitution is not as black and white as you think. It is legal in some countries. Is it moral? Well, that depends on a persons beliefs. And that person has just as much right to their beliefs as you have to yours.

I hope you understand what I'm saying. :)
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Apr 9, 2012, 05:09 PM
    I was stunned that someone in my area believed that though. There will ALWAYS be a minority that believes bad things are okay. Some people think it's okay to murder and rape! But I remain adamant there are right and wrong generally in some situations.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2012, 06:20 PM
    I would say on this one that if it went to a vote, prostitution would most likely become legal, what most people today have issues with is the drugs and abuse the women have because it is not legal. I think you will find that those against it, would be more in the minority.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Apr 10, 2012, 03:45 AM
    It depresses me that that's the world I live in.

Image removed, Thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Morals require God. A moral law requires a moral law giver? Agree or Disagree? [ 59 Answers ]

Interesting idea. I know I am going to cop it from a number of people but that's all right. I am interested to hear people's thoughts. To elaborate a bit... without going into post modernism too much, if you do not believe in a God then how can there be any truth. What is to say that mass murder(as...

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Why is it such a moral dilemna? [ 4 Answers ]

Here is the dilema.. that I am sure a lot of Christians have. I am a single, attractive, young 55 year old lady... I am very sexual... I have not found a Chnrisitan man to marry... dating sites, though other people, etc. I also live in a not populus region of the midwest... men whom are married,...

Moral Support [ 1 Answers ]

So I need to loose weight. I've been married three year and I've gained 35lbs. I'm at 150 and used to be 115. I've tried but it's so hard since I'm Mexican and I cook with lotz of fat. Okay so at my job I entered this "Holiday Weight Challenge". Starts Monday 19th ends Jan 4th. I know it's the...

View more questions Search