Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frozenfeet Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2007, 05:07 AM
    HCG Levels
    Hi, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I'm looking for information about twins and hcg levels. At 7 weeks, I was measuring at 165,000 mIu. I know that the range for singletons is from 7500-229000 for 7-8 weeks... but I was wondering if these numbers could be indicative of twins. My first u/s or doppler isn't for another 6 weeks, but if it might be twins (there is history)... I want to request one earlier. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Only problem with the HCG levels range is there is such a wide range. Depends on each person and each pregnancy and the only real true way to confirm anything is by ultrasound.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 05:49 AM
    The actual levels for 6 - 8 weeks is between 12,000 - 270,000mIU/mL. This is according to my Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests with Nursing Implications textbook. So you seem to be right in the range for a single baby.

Now, if there is a history of twins you should discuss this with your doctor as well as your concerns he may do the U/S earlier if he feels there is a need. But your levels look to be pretty normal for your gestational stage to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3mos and no period, negative hcg test, what's wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My last cycle was in November, I've took over 8 pregnancy test and all of them were Neg. My stomach is getting fuller and I starting use the bathroom frequently, but the thing that concern me the most that being that I want to be pregnant so bad, That I think it could be mind over matter. My...

PH Levels [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering if there is a herbal alternative for balancing the PH levels in the body - Mine appear to go out of sync at various times - During which all the mucous in my body becomes so caustic that it burns the membranes in all orifices causing considerable discomfort - This can last for 1 week...

Hcg Levels And Menstrual Period [ 1 Answers ]

Can you still have HCG in your system and get your menstrual period?

Levels of degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me the difference of 1st 2nd and 3rd BS honour degree please. Is a 3rd OK or bad. Jobwise is it so terrible in the interview to say you have a 3rd will you be taken seriously

Low HCG Level [ 0 Answers ]

I found I am pregnant and the first day of my last period is 12/2/04. I went to the hospital because of pain and they said I had a bacteria infection, that maybe causing the pain. They tested my hcg level and the doctor said it was too low, it had a level of 73. She said either I am too early or...

View more questions Search