Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynne1888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 04:49 AM
    Wedding Reception Deposit.
    I was wondering where my partner and I stand, we have paid a £500 deposit for our wedding reception on May 31st 2008. However, we are extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with the service we have received and wonder if we can cancel having our reception there and receive our £500 deposit back. When we paid the deposit we never got to speak to any manager or supervisor, it was just the receptionist (who was acting as if she was doing us a favour) and slapped a little bit of paper in our hands as a receipt. There was no information given as to the next steps NOTHING. Then on the 8th of February, I received a note from the post office saying I had a letter which I had to pay some money for, the cheeky sods hadn't even paid a penny for the postage and I had to pay for this brown envelope with a booklet and a confirmation letter of our deposit.

I was wondering if we could claim back our deposit due to our dissatisfaction of the service we have received and we are unwilling for this incompetent shower to host our reception. I was wondering if my statutory rights would kick in here? If anyone could help asap I would be grateful.

Lynne
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 05:55 AM
    You should have received a contract which stipulated terms of the agreement and also defined conditions of getting your deposit back. The contract would have spelled out all the duties, etc. I would ask for my money back - in writing - kep a copy - detailing why you want the money. If they are this shoddy now, what in the world will they be like when your wedding comes about?

Best of luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting merried on Saturday and I am trying to find some good songs that can be played at the reception. Is there anyone out there that can give me any names of songs. It can be any song. The group that is going to be there is a mix of young and old as me and the sonn to be are only 26, but on...

View more questions Search