Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnk1469 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
    How do I put 200 songs on one disc
    Frustrated about not being able to put 200 songs on one cd
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Feb 25, 2007, 12:54 PM
    To fit that many songs on one CD you're going to have to make it a disc that won't play on your normal CD player. Instead, when you pop it into the computer, you'll just see a bunch of files that will be there (and you can listen to), but aren't playable in a CD drive.

Good luck!
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Apr 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
    It can be done, depending on the length of the songs, as well as the bitrate that you are encoding at. 128kb is the standard encoding bitrate. You can fit a lot onto a cd with 64kb encoding, but it is going to sound terrible. What bitrate are you using, and how many megs over is the cd that you are trying to burn?

I forgot to mention, no normal cd player will play the disc. However, I am assuming that you are going to play the disc in either your DVD player, or MP3 capable cd player.
    mr_guy Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Lmao, 200 songs on a CD...

Impossible if you want it to play in a CD player, yet possible as a Data CD... and even then, it might fit only 100...
    yeahIskate Posts: 19, Reputation: -1

May 22, 2007, 01:56 PM
    There's no way you can put 200 songs on one cd you should get an iPod for that many
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

May 22, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahIskate
    theres no way you can put 200 songs on one cd you should get an ipod for that many

It's very possible like I said, it would have to be shorter songs and at a 64k bitrate.

He never asked if it would sound good, he just said that he was frustrated that he couldn't. I told him how in MP3 format.
    sonicendeavor Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

May 25, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by modular01
    It's very possible like I said, it would have to be shorter songs and at a 64k bitrate.

He never asked if it would sound good, he just said that he was frustrated that he couldn't. I told him how in MP3 format.
    Yep, and most CD players in newer cars these days will play MP3 discs. Mine plays MP3 and WMA. I'm not even sure you'd need to go down to 64k. 200 songs at around 3mb each would still fit on a standard 650mb CD-R, even better - use a 700mb CD-R.
    Like you said, it depends on the length of the songs and VBR vs CBR encoding, but it's not even close to impossible, as others have suggested.
    ellodaking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 04:38 AM
    You can fit a maximum of 180 songs onto a data disc, I have never been able to fit more than that number onto a normal cd disc, however with a dvd disc I was able to put 60 albums of roughly 18 songs each onto a dvd disc, including album covers and song info:):D:)
    jordan1989 Posts: 48, Reputation: -1

Jan 11, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Sure you can! It depends on the length and bitrate of the songs you have, simple as that. It's nothing more than a data CD with a bunch of data files, which is what MP3 files are. I have a bluegrass music CD with 240 songs on it. The reason is that 128kbps is plenty for bluegrass music because it's all done with acoustic instruments. No percussion. Also, bluegrass songs tend to be very short in length compared to pop songs.
    leifqp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 05:41 PM
    You can but I won't suggest it because the sound quality would be poor and you can't play it in most players

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Running 100 amp service panal 200 ft away from main 200 amp service [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to find out how big the wire needs to be to carry the load. This will be a 100 amp service coming from a 200 amp main . It will need to travel 200 to 250 ft underground to a barn. If some one could help me that would be great thaxs)))

Can I Put Songs From My CD Onto An iPod [ 7 Answers ]

I am getting an iPod and I need to know if I can transfer my songs on my conputer that are from CDs to the iPod. Along with that what software programs can I use to download music? Please tell my that itunes isn't my only choice. And by the way, is DRM eliminated when downloading music, I hope it...

I tunes I put songs and wallah [ 1 Answers ]

I had 400 and something songs on my iPod but then when I tried to put a couple more on it all got deleted what happened?

200 amp service with a 200 amp outdoor breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to wire a 200 amp outdoor breaker enclosure.I have 4/0 scu cable for my service head to the meter,and 4/0 scu from meter to breaker enclosure.Then from the breaker enclosure I have 4/0 ser cable to my panel.What is the proper wiring method in the enclosure,please help.

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search