Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jride Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2004, 08:25 PM
    Is my new house haunted?
    We built and moved into a house 8 months ago. We have one room that we had some Bali statues and tribal mask in for decoration. Since we added these we have had a few people house watch for us who did not like the room. My mother stayed and put all the Bali stuff in a bag in the garage because they scared her. I did not think much about it or things that had been happening until this week. I had a bad dream where I was awaken by the sound of a wind up baby laliby and heard the last 10 seconds of the song being played. I thought it was me dreaming, but my wife was awaken also and we both asked each other if we heard that. It was coming from the foot of our bed. We searched the room and found nothing that makes noise. Over the past three weeks in the early morning hours all the fire alarms in the house would go off. Our dogs would start going crazy, barking, yelping, and howling in the early morning hours when there was no noise in the house. I have turned off lights upstairs to return to seeing them on. We have had keys, cell phones, and many other items mysteriously go missing. We have also had strange noises in the house. While watching TV tonight the TV started going wavy like there was interference, I put in a dvd and it began to happen again. I have removed the Bali art from the house and walked through blessing the house. Could these items, which are new hand made art be the cause? If so how do I rid our home of these events?
    demon Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2005, 07:43 AM
    I think personally that you probebly do have a ghost in your house, if you think it is something that you have brought into your house, I would get rid of it if it is bothering u, I've read many a ghost book and have a nice collection of them and I have heard of things like this happening, usually it is because some one owned property for instints art work or other objects, and when the person who owned it died they where removed from there home.
    If that item had some sort of memory for them like they where given it by someone who meant a lot to them and died, say there farther that would hold a lot of memory for them, some ghosts are known as just an echo, a mear shadow of what used to be and some seem to be entitys that come back to visit. Maybe that the item you have is attracting a ghost but maybe its not trying to scare you maybe it just wants you to no that it is there, this is just a possibility, it could be many a things. Have you not lost a relitive or someone close or someone you no close to u. if your house has just been built I would do some research about missing people around your area people that have not been found, everything is a possibility
    puppydog1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 09:03 PM
    I do not think that your house is haunted because a ghost is a spirt and a spirt is a soul a soul comes from sombody who dies and you built the house a ovisuly nobody has died
    ROBERT15 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jride
    We built and moved into a house 8 months ago. We have one room that we had some Bali statues and tribal mask in for decoration. Since we added these we have had a few people house watch for us who did not like the room. My mother stayed and put all the Bali stuff in a bag in the garage because they scared her. I did not think much about it or things that had been happening until this week. I had a bad dream where I was awaken by the sound of a wind up baby laliby and heard the last 10 seconds of the song being played. I thought it was me dreaming, but my wife was awaken also and we both asked each other if we heard that. It was coming from the foot of our bed. We searched the room and found nothing that makes noise. Over the past three weeks in the early morning hours all the fire alarms in the house would go off. Our dogs would start going crazy, barking, yelping, and howling in the early morning hours when there was no noise in the house. I have turned off lights upstairs to return to seeing them on. We have had keys, cell phones, and many other items mysteriously go missing. We have also had strange noises in the house. While watching tv tonight the tv started going wavy like there was interferance, I put in a dvd and it began to happen again. I have removed the Bali art from the house and walked through blessing the house. Could these items, which are new hand made art be the cause? If so how do I rid our home of these events?
    It could b try 2 find some history about the area and ppl that died in that area maybe someone who lived in the same place where u built the house probably died and trying 2 communicate with u. bless the house with holy water and pray nothing bad happens 2 u or ur family and pets good luck.
    luvmy_3_angels Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2007, 08:44 PM
    My husband said you needed to research the ground your house was built on... someone could be buried under there... an unsolved murder or even an Indian burial ground.
    sophiedonn1. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 11:06 AM
    Personally, I think your house may have a little negative vibe. Only because its not mager things that are happening. For example like in my old house there had been sitations where things smashed in the cupbaords, things went missing. And each person in our family saw the ghost/demon. Or as we called it, the 'bad man' he was tall, skinny and he only seemed as a shadow. I remember when I was abot 6 and my uncle was staying with us at the time an my mam went to wake him up and he was just lying there frozen. If you want to get rid of your little ghost friend before it gets any worse, try and say a pray every night. Avoid negative atmoshpre and bless the house now and again. If you would like any more information then email me at [email protected]. Sophie age 13.
    haze Posts: 89, Reputation: 0

Sep 19, 2010, 04:07 PM
    Sometime people do not have to die in the house for it to be haunted. Your house is new so that's not the cause. The artwork could be the problem maybe spirits are attracted to them.
    Sometimes It can be the land you build on. Was there any wars or anything like that on the site you have built on?
    leebeef Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2010, 07:44 PM

Hi
    You definetely have a spirit or elemental in your home. Don't be alarmed, most people do. The plane that spirits live on are all around us. Most people are unable to feel or see their presents,but they are there.Also some spirits are more mischievous than others. These are the source of all bad dreams or night mares. Get rid of these as soon as possible. I'm interested in knowing what a bali mask is?

Lee
    saturn1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 06:46 PM
    Spirits come in all different forms, sometimes the house isn't haunted but maybe the area or land it's built on. And if it isn't than it maybe the artifacts you bought from Bali, a lot of people believe that sometimes the person that crafted that item could affect it with their energy 'positive or negative'. I read that you put them in the garage, I suggest you get rid of it all together because putting it in the garage won't do anything, trying doing that and if the activity still continues than it might not be the artifacts,house or the land... people could also be haunted themselves, you could have attracted an entity from somewhere try, to trace your memory back to where you've been?. you could get a priest to bless the place but sometimes that won't work and it will just make the entity more angry. Some people would suggest to get paranormal investigators involved but my personal opion is that I wouldn't cause like a priest it'll piss them off! You need to get real professional help and I don't mean a shrink I mean someone who knows about hauntings and also can help you get rid of it. Im sure you'll find one out there, and if it starts to harm anyone in your household then you better do it quick!!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 6, 2011, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn1972 View Post
    spirits come in all different forms, sometimes the house isn't haunted but maybe the area or land it's built on. And if it isn't than it maybe the artifacts you bought from Bali, alot of people believe that sometimes the person that crafted that item could affect it with their energy 'positive or negative'. I read that you put them in the garage, I suggest you get rid of it all together because putting it in the garage wont do anything, trying doing that and if the activity still continues than it might not be the artifacts,house or the land...people could also be haunted themselves, you could have attracted an entity from somewhere try, to trace your memory back to where you've been?,...you could get a priest to bless the place but sometimes that wont work and it will just make the entity more angry. Some people would suggest to get paranormal investigators involved but my personal opion is that I wouldnt cause like a priest it'll piss them off! You need to get real professional help and I dont mean a shrink I mean someone who knows about hauntings and also can help you get rid of it. Im sure you'll find one out there, and if it starts to harm anyone in your household then you better do it quick!!.
    Please try to pay attention to the dates. This post started in 2004. Im sure its been resolved by now. Thanks.
    Stillseeking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 11:29 PM
    It may not be resolved. These things are not easily fixed. Plus there are googlers like myself still seeking answers. Please try not to be anal. Thanks.
    wonderingspirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Perhaps you should find out the history of the property you built your home on because it is possible that you may have built you house on top of an ancient burial ground or that there was a house there a long time ago that someone died in just look up the plot's previous history.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted [ 23 Answers ]

The other night I found this site by typing in 'how do you know if your house is haunted'.Well, after reading what others wrote I began piecing things together. I am sure that my house is haunted. I would like to find out the history of this house (it was built in 1888) but I don't know where to...

My house is haunted! [ 17 Answers ]

I've always had ghostly experiences since I was 2 years old. I am 51 now. We just purchased another home 5 months ago. The very first night we stayed here (my gr'daughter and I) hubby was out of state working, we were going to sleep in one of the bedrooms.I heard a bunch of whispering, like a...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

How can I tell if my house is haunted? [ 43 Answers ]

:o Weird things have happened off and on the past 4 years we've lived in our house. It was terrible at first. Terrible dreams about the house, about bodies buried in the walls. It felt like there was a male spirit present at times, not a good one but maybe wanting to scare us? My daughter, for...

View more questions Search