Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Challenge of a Lifetime: During the next 24 hours, do not post in this thread. Instead, post at least ten times on Relationship threads and help others. I will be here and reading.
    sean_s Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Challenge of a Lifetime: During the next 24 hours, do not post in this thread. Instead, post at least ten times on Relationship threads and help others. I will be here and reading.
    Ten times would be a bit too much. Will try.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sean_s View Post
    ten times would be a bit to much. will try.
    I could do ten in an hour. I've given you 24 hours. :) Relationships board is one of the most popular ones. The other popular one is Plumbing. You can switch to that, if you like. :D

Apr 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
    I could do ten in an hour. I've given you 24 hours. :) Relationships board is one of the most popular ones. The other popular one is Plumbing. You can switch to that, if you like. :D
    I isn't an expert in this!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 06:22 PM
    There are only a few Relationships experts. One doesn't have to be an expert to post an answer. It's 8:21 here, and 2 or 3 a.m. where you are? Let's synchronize our watches.

Apr 12, 2012, 07:19 PM
    One doesn't have to be an expert to post an answer.
    I would first try to do not harm. It is better to post not an answer than a non expert answer.
    It's 8:21 here, and 2 or 3 a.m. where you are? Let's synchronize our watches.
    0418 here
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 07:24 PM
    I would first try to do not harm. It is better to post not an answer than a non expert answer.
    You can empathize. Most answers are not from "experts," but are from people who are simply living their lives the best way they can.

Time for bed?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 08:43 PM
    To be read in 24 hours

WG's suggestion is an excellent one, and will help you get out of yourself, and see you are not alone in your pain, and while you cannot do much about it at the moment, you can relate to others going through the same thing that you are.

Then maybe you will see that placing logic on human emotions seldom works just because feelings have so many random variables to predict an out come. Any interaction between humans is a high risk crap shoot.

Despite your very high intelligience you are pretty dumb in the management of your own feelings and will have trouble adjusting fast enough to help yourself. That's okay we all go through those growing pains, as coping skills are learned through time, and experience, and has nothing to do with logic. Like, math, and english, you have to learn.

I for one am glad you came here and reached out, and that my friend is a very positive sign, as I think that as a giving person, you just need to be able to give (what a helluva motivation to volunteer to others), as your power comes more from the giving, than the having.

For now its adjustments, and managing your own thoughts, feelings, and actions. What you call motivation, is simply a lack of enthusiasm, and focus, caused by shock at the events you went through. This is a temporary thing, and made worse by other events. You are overwhelmed, and who wouldn't be.

Believe it or not, your motivation will come back on its own, so stop pressing so hard. Its like getting over a cold, you relieve the symptoms until the body takes control back.

I am an engineer by trade, so I couldn't help but be fascinated by the reasons your equations does not work.

~P because Q
    P because Q

P: i enjoy my joys
    Q: i am a human
    ~(Q→P) : just because i am a human, i can not enjoy those things any more. It is NOT working that way. I did not speculate a cause, i am saying a fact. That is, my statement was not in form of W→~(Q→P), it was in the form W > ~(S)|(Q→P) in S, > is an ordering relation.

you are saying Q→P. I was looking for possible help , while stating my problem
    ~(Q→P), you are claiming the opposite, do i have a communication problem?
    Your equation is flawed. You failed to compensate for the human event (X), that shlt can happen at any time. Thats the first law of reality for all humans.
    Adjust your equation for the unxpected(S), and the unwanted (BS).

Explore this site, its amazing.

Apr 13, 2012, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    To be read in 24 hours

WG's suggestion is an excellent one, and will help you get out of yourself, and see you are not alone in your pain, and while you cannot do much about it at the moment, you can relate to others going thru the same thing that you are.
    I believe at the beginning I mentioned that I know other people also have there troubles, a friend of mine has MUCH bigger trouble than I do. His GF left himand became a hooker. Knowing that does not help. That is why I am coming here.

Then maybe you will see that placing logic on human emotions seldom works just because feelings have so many random variables to predict an out come. Any interaction between humans is a high risk crap shoot.
    I placed symbolic notation on STATEMENT. I did NOT place them on emotions.

If a statement is written as P, then it's opposite is ~P

Despite your very high intelligience you are pretty dumb in the management of your own feelings and will have trouble adjusting fast enough to help yourself.
    Again, you don't say. I KNOW I can't manage myself and that is why I was looking for help, why are you repeating the statement that I already made describing my problem.

Thats okay we all go thru those growing pains, as coping skills are learned thru time, and experience, and has nothing to do with logic. Like, math, and english, you have to learn.
    Comeon. I do have Excellent coping skills, result of psychological training in the paramillitary. You know that too, I used it all the time in my life. This is a case which broke me

I for one am glad you came here and reached out, and that my friend is a very positive sign, as I think that as a giving person, you just need to be able to give (what a helluva motivation to volunteer to others), as your power comes more from the giving, than the having.
    Boy did not someone (was it you?) say I give too much and need stop being overgiving? (if it was you then either now or then you were possibly formally lying, from definition. This confuses me.)

For now its adjustments, and managing your own thoughts, feelings, and actions. What you call motivation, is simply a lack of enthusiasm, and focus, caused by shock at the events you went thru. This is a temporary thing, and made worse by other events. You are overwhelmed, and who wouldn't be.
    Thank you for the discovery.

Believe it or not, your motivation will come back on its own, so stop pressing so hard. Its like getting over a cold, you relieve the symptoms until the body takes control back.
    How many times must I repeat that I am under the muzzle of a gun where efficiency is to be achieved, no matter how badly hurt you are. Your personal life should not affect your works.

I am an engineer by trade, so I couldn't help but be fascinated by the reasons your equations does not work.

Your equation is flawed. You failed to compensate for the human event (X), that shlt can happen at any time. Thats the first law of reality for all humans.
    Adjust your equation for the unxpected(S), and the unwanted (BS).

Explore this site, its amazing.
    Interesting.

First of all it is not an equation. It is an expression. I know my other engineer friends have trouble differentiating between equation and expression.

Second, this is actually a template, describing forms of statements, specifically an exclusion template. My statement was that I exclude any statement that takes the form W→~(S)|(Q →P) in (S) . Had I not excluded this, your argument would be valid, asking whether W contains X or BS or not, that would offer you a chance for emperically falsify my statement using EXACTLY the argument you made. BUT I EXCLUDED those forms, so your argument does not apply.
    It was in the form, W>~(S)|(Q →P) in (S) , which from definition is a SEQUENCE, and not an equation. Indeed in this sequence I could force insert X, and BS and stuff, but I am making a sequence of MY observations, which from Axiom of Choice, is indeed a valid sequence.

I am trying to ask a question as precisely formulated as my knowledge of symbolic logic goes. But it hurts me too see that I am receiving unwanted, in your notation, BS.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 06:32 AM
    You were supposed to wait 24 hours. You cheated!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2012, 10:26 AM
    LOL talaniman... this is getting out of hand.

Sean s: It is better with some things not to look at them completely logical, as some things don't have logic. It is more of go with the flow action than anything else. Roll with the punches and enjoy life the way it is supposed to be enjoyed. All the excuses you have been making in this thread are pointless, get over your issues.

I am glad that you are still alive.

Apr 13, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmresd View Post

I am glad that you are still alive.
    Ja, because I have a task.

And one more thing, althouh I appreciate your time, effort, and interest to post after this thread, repeating what has been mentioned a few times hurts a bit.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 12:44 PM
    ja, because i have a task.
    You have eleven.

Apr 13, 2012, 05:40 PM
    You have eleven.
    Had replied to a few, to intimidated to reply to more, don't feel knowledgeable enough.

Stood first ordeal, but I can not take the fight inside my mind.

No one gives a f*
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 05:44 PM
    You don't have to be a trained counselor or qualified therapist to respond to a person's problem with a relationship. Otherwise, you would never have gotten any response at all when you posted, and we certainly wouldn't have continued after you shot us down one by one. So why have we stuck it out with YOU?

I was hoping with this challenge you would pull some empathy out of the deepest part of yourself.

Apr 13, 2012, 06:00 PM
    I was hoping with this challenge you would pull some empathy out of the deepest part of yourself.
    That is why, I am trying to support people who wants to have a different view of stuff such as GR - with all my empathy. I know that I am qualifyied for that, though not as good as I would like to be.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 16, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Are you alive out there?
    I missed a lot. I'm not good at re-reading all the responses.
    I just want to say that not all of us here are life freaks. I'm 65 years old and wouldn't mind a nice non-violent way to check out. I never had children, and have no obligations. The world has plenty of people and am soaking all the American young people for a Social Security check every month, not to mention Medicare and who knows what I might need from that.
    That's different from a disaffected 22 year old suffering from unrequited love, no matter how many Ps and Qs you write.
    So tell us, how are you today?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 10:22 AM
    It doesn't seem to be sinking through.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Sean_S agreed to write a blog essay regarding his experience on this site. It was posted this morning after joypulv's. :) -- Ask Me Help Desk Blog -a new member's experience as he becomes part of this community.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Well written sean!
    Good job Wondergirl! I think you were key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in New Mexico, must I give boyfriend 30 days to move from my home. [ 2 Answers ]

It is my home, my name on mortgage, ALL utilities and etc are in my name, he pays about $500/mo to "help" that is all. No formal written agreement between us. I want him out as soon as possible.

I worked 3 days in Georgia and GA state taxes were taken out. I live in RI. [ 1 Answers ]

I worked 3 days only in Georgia and GA state taxes were taken out of my pay. I live in RI. What form(s) do I have to file?

Can a minor live with a friend for thirty days legally? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a minor live with a friend for thirty days legally?

View more questions Search