Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clemaus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Southern California University for Professional Studies
    Hi, came across this university that offers a doctorate in Psychology that is totally through on-line education. It boasts that it is recognized by BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY of the State of California, accepts the University’s Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD) and the Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) degrees as meeting the educational requirements for licensure as a psychologist in California. Persons interested in licensure are advised to contact the Board of Psychology in Sacramento, California to determine what other requirements may exist for licensure.

Would appreciate advice if the above university is a bogus university and also, if the degree (doctorate) conferred is of value.

Thank you!
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Feb 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Be careful it could be a scam just think of it this way would it really be safe to give certain degrees through an online college. If it sounds to good to be true then more then likely it is. I saw a report that most online colleges are scams and that what they give you is nothing more then a piece of paper that is not legal.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 08:51 AM
    To repeat part of your own post: "Persons interested in licensure are advised to contact the Board of Psychology in Sacramento, California to determine what other requirements may exist for licensure".

So please contact this Board and ask if the school is truly bonafide. They will tell you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accreditation of California coast university [ 21 Answers ]

Does anyone know if California Coast University is accredited? It says it is but I don't want to get stuck with a Master's Degree from a school with no accreditation.

Does an inexpensive southern beach community exist? [ 7 Answers ]

We are hoping to relocate to a location in one of the southern states that is near the ocean, has a quaint charm (like a walkable main street) and doesn't cost a fortune. After we do retire - we will possibly be able to afford approximately 250$ tops. Is there a place with these features? Can't...

Book by Southern (male) author? [ 6 Answers ]

:) Hi - I read a book a couple of years ago by a Southern (male) author; he references eating at Paschal's at the Atlanta airport and also references the height of Vestal Goodman's hair, and canning homemade soup. He has also been on NPR's "All Things Considered". Any ideas? Thanks!

Coastal Vacation in Southern Georgia [ 10 Answers ]

My family (5-8 people) is looking a great location for our summer of 2006 vacation... We love the beach and would appriciate any information that would give us information about desirable places... Thank You!

Southern California Ballooning [ 0 Answers ]

I just got back from vacationing in San Diego and had a wonderful time. I went on a hot air balloon and was so impressed with where I went that I figured I would post it as an option in case anyone had questions about balloon rides, the history of it, or even if they just want to see some pictures....

View more questions Search