Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shilpaprashanth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Breast Milk
    I had an intercourse with my husband accidentally. But I am still feeding my baby who is 12 months old. I have underwent Tubal ligation surgery for not having babies anymore.

Can you please let me know if I can feed the baby? Will the milk get spoiled?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Yes, you can feed your baby. The breast milk does not spoil (ever) unless you've left it in the refrigerator too long. As long as you are breast feeding you will continue to produce milk unless something else is going on with your body or you get pregnant again (which in your case isn't likely). So go enjoy your husband!

There are plenty of myths about a mothers milk spoiling, none of which are true. I found a list of them online if you'd like to have a look:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 12:26 PM
    You do not mean you think having sex will effect the breast milk are you ? Since I don't see any sense to your question.
    1. accidentally had sex? Tripped and fell on top of him ?
    2. spoiled breast milk? How long is it out of the fridge or in the fridge?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2012, 03:34 PM
    You can continue to breastfeed your baby and have sex with your husband. Having sex will not effect your breastmilk in anyway. Your tubal ligation will not effect your breastmilk either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast milk [ 5 Answers ]

Will excersise sour breast milk? Some of my family said it will but I don't understand how, I really want to start workingout but now I'm worried

Why do I still have Breast milk? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 29 months old and I stopped breast feeding him at 6 months old. I still have breast milk how do I get rid of it. Its embarrassing :(

Breast milk [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three year old child and the breast milk never dried up, I am able to squeeze only one of my nipples and a green substance comes out why is this?

Breast Milk [ 26 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me? I'm 30 and have never been pregnant, I stopped taking my pill in March this year. The first day of my last period was 16 days ago, for the last week I have had incredile soreness and tenderness in my breasts and they have started leaking what seems to be a...

Got Breast Milk? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a little embarrassing. My boobies are feeling heavy and swoll up. Im also leaking fluid from them. There is no way that I am pregnant because I have not been sexually active in 3 years. My children are both also 5 and 6 years old. Is this my body trying to tell me something? Maybe Im...

View more questions Search