Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lizzerd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 11:46 AM
    Why would I get hungry but I don't want any food I get.
    For roughly a week I have had a very low appetite. The fact that I haven't eaten much isn't the thing that really concerns me. I'm one of those that if I am hungry I'll eat something, if not, I won't.
    The thing that *does* concern me is the title of my question. I feel hungry, like right at this moment, my stomach is rumbling, and I feel that squished feeling. But. I don't want anything, even though the most I've had today was about three or four mini-m&m's and a snack sized york peppermint patty (both of which I practically had to force myself to eat.)
    This morning taking my mom to work, I grabbed a fig newton bar... it's still in the car and that was at around 8 am. I went to the store and got a kind of protein bar thing that I'd been able to force down the other day figuring at least it would be *something*... that as well is still in the car.
    When I have eaten something it seems like it's a trouble getting it to go down, like it would be if you try to eat while crying or just after crying. -which, no, I haven't been-

I am not concerned for my weight, I know I'm 'average' for my height.

I do not overexercise - I really only exercise at work when I'm throwing freight or walking the store.

I work third shift.

I feel more like sleeping than eating even though I am very hungry.

I thought it may help, so I made a timeline with what I've eaten. When I look at the time line it *looks* like a whole lot, but, I just know it isn't.

I am not thinking along the lines of a doctor quite yet. This may very well go away on it's own, if it weren't the part of me wanting to eat - ie: the hunger pains - but then not wanting to eat.

I have, though, confided in a good friend what was going on and my concerns. So at the very least someone does know about it -even if it does turn up to be absolutely nothing.

I don't feel truly overly stressed. I know I'm ready for a vacation at work, though, but then again who isn't?

If it helps I am 26 and female.

Thank you to anyone who answers/helps.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Eat a banana instead of the junk. Nibble on some grapes. Graze with pb crackers and canned fruit and a slice or two of cheese.

It almost sounds like you don't want to prepare something to eat, but just want a quick, convenient snack that is maybe sweet and goes down easy.

What does this mean? "When I look at the time line it *looks* like a whole lot, but, I just know it isn't."

Apr 2, 2012, 12:00 PM
    I don't like bananas so that's out the window. I don't *have* any grapes... although I ate one yesterday.
    And everything else... I just, don't want. I can get up right now, pick up the whatever to eat (even keep getting fleeting ideas just to quaff some milk) but I don't want it.
    It has nothing to do with preparing it. Yesterday when I ate the grape I had a plate with three strawberries, a mini muffin, and the very small sprig of grapes. I love grapes by the way.
    And a very mini bag of popcorn I wouldn't have taken had I not been given it.
    I ate the mini muffin, a grape and one strawberry and about three-quarters of the popcorn...

That's sort of how I mean by 'it looks like a lot' ^ that list looks like I ate a lot to me. But it's not, especially since that was *all* I ate.

Apr 2, 2012, 12:02 PM
    Oh and the only reason I even ate the york patty was because it was there in a bag, and I knew I had to eat *something*. To be honest I don't consider a protein bar or a fig newton bar junk -even though I didn't eat either one-
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Well, then, maybe it's time to see a doctor who can examine your throat and esophagus to see if there's a lump or thickening.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Sorry, first stop eating only junk food, don't care if it is there, go get something else if you have to. Candy is not a meal and it can make a upset stomach worst.

You may of course be sick, but from your response to the first poster it sounds like you do not have a healthy diet to start with. Which can add to serious issues.
    matthew posey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2012, 03:00 AM
    I have the same problem! I woke up in the middle of the night with my stomach tingling and a lump in my neck, I feel like I'm starving and I want to eat but I feel like I'm going to vomit every time I try to eat something, the only thing I can hold down is a little bit of bread. I looked up what this might mean and it says mostly a panic attack, but I don't feel under stress... I'm confused because I know I have to eat its been over a day and some, So mabye it will help you to know someone else kind of has the same thing... and I'm 16 male if it helps any...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I changed her food and she poops 3x the amount could this be due to the new food? [ 6 Answers ]

I changed my dogs food and she seems to be pooping three times the amount that she use too. She use to go 2 maybe 3 times a day now she goes like 8 times a day. Could this be due to the new food?

Why I'm not hungry [ 5 Answers ]

Why I'm not hungry all day and feel dizzy

Why Fast food restaurants Have signs saying their food might cause Cancer? [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a sign outside jackn the box, saying that their foods are cooked in something that creates their food to have posibliity of causing cancer. My question is... if that's a risk to consumers, then why even make the food that way? Can't they cook it in a healthier form? And doesn't the FDA...

I'm so hungry, and I don't know why. [ 2 Answers ]

Regardless of the fact that I think I may be pregnant... for the past week I've been so rediculously hungry.. just now I ate like a half a bag of potato chips, and some cinamon rolls.. and I'm usually able to restrain myself from eating things like that. I'm very health conscious, and I'm not big...

View more questions Search