Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masterbath Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 08:32 PM
    covered patio
    I have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. My backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. This will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. It is a cool deck (I think that's the right kind), it looks kind of like stucco. Anyway, is there a method to effectively do this? I wanted to do a trellis like wood covering but fear that mounting this to the deck may not be possible. Anyone know how to do this or if it is even doable?

I was thinking of something like a 10x12 covering with 4-6" posts - or whatever the standard for that size is.

thanks,
    scott
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 31, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by masterbath
    i have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. my backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. this will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. it is a cool deck (i think thats the right kind), it looks kind of like stucco. anyways, is there a method to effectively do this? i wanted to do a a trellis like wood covering but fear that mounting this to the deck may not be possible. anyone know how to do this or if it is even doable?

i was thinking of something like a 10x12 covering with 4-6" posts - or whatever the standard for that size is.

thanks,
    scott
    There are several methods used to secure the posts to the deck, the easily is to lag bolt a mounting plate to the deck and then bolt the post to the plate. A bigger concern would be the county building codes which limit how close a roof line can be to a property line. Call your county zoning office and get this information first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am covered in freckles is there anything I can do to dull them down? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm covered in freckles from head to toe Is there anything that will dull them down or get rid of them? :confused:

Coleman heat pump covered in ice [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Coleman, electric heat pump system on a manufactured home. It is 7 years old. The entire outside unit seems to be frozen over. What is the problem? Is there any way to solve it?

Older home, ceilings and walls covered [ 3 Answers ]

Hello We're looking at an old 3 level (walk up attic) Victorian, early 1900s. Structurally, it appears to be sound, solid foundation, straight lines, etc - however, most of the walls in the house have floor to ceiling wood paneling (nice looking wood, not 70's style!) which appears to have been...

What is it, and why is it covered? [ 28 Answers ]

For the past couple of years now of walking my dog around the neighborhood, I can't help but wonder what is this upside down U-shaped tube thing in everybody's yard. It is wrapped sometimes with what looks like a black garbage bag and some are wrapped with a thick tape. What is this thing?...

How to "finish" an unfinshed, covered patio? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to "finish" my unfinished covered patio, which is fairly large in size. It presently has only large openings covered by roll screen, and all of the rafters and support framing are exposed. My initial plan was to cover all of those rafters & support structures, leaving it as a screened...

View more questions Search