Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XNyxX Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 10:37 AM
    Does my apartment have a ghost or spirit?
    Hello everyone,

So I have just got a new apartment and haven't even fully moved into it yet, still staying at my old place until this week. Anyway two days ago I stepped onto my balcony to wave to my mum then came in, locked the door and left the house to meet my mum. When we came back I noticed the back door wide open, I asked if my mum had opened it and she said she hadn't, it was already open when we came in. I know I locked it but shrugged it off saying maybe I didn't.

When we left the house I locked the door and just before we stepped outside my mum went and checked it and it was indeed locked; however when we got on the bus which passes the back of the house my mum said my back door was open again! I reminded her I locked it and she checked it and she said she must have saw wrong then and it must have been the apartment above.

When I got there this morning the back door was indeed open! At the moment I'm still going back and forth with suit cases of my stuff so I walked over to the door and pushed it fully open and kind of refused to acknowledge it. I unpacked my stuff and went to the back door and went to close it when I realised the opened door was locked! I had to unlock the open door so the handle would come down so I can close the door and lock it again.

There is no way the door could have locked itself again! I was scared so got out as quick as I could.

When I accepted the property I was told an old woman lived there, my mum asked if he was going to say she died but he was adamant she didn't die she just moved further away. We had no reason not to believe him however over the past few days her letters have still been coming through, letters from the government but if she had moved she legally would have had to change her address. Also there was letters to a mr... With the same surname but we were told she lived alone.

The back door does look a bit off so I will ask for that to be fixed and would also ask what really happened to the previous owner. I will also speak with the neighbor.

What do you think is going on here? When you walk in you don't feel any negative energy or presence but then you also don't feel any other energy. It's like it's neutral.

Will or can this thing harm me? Is there anything I can do to the house? I have thought about blessing it but haven't got a clue how to and I don't believe in God, I'm more a spiritual person.

What am I up against here? Or is it simply just a broken door that somehow stayed locked although it was open?

Oh I must say the keys have always been in the door, when I first came they were in there and I've just left them in there to make it easier.

I get the electric and gas put on tomorrow and will also buy my appliances tomorrow too so I can start living in there on either Monday or Tuesday.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2012, 11:09 AM
    I'm confused - the house was locked but the keys have always been in the door?

Apr 1, 2012, 11:19 AM
    I have a back door, the back door keys are kept in the lock just so I don't have to search around for the key. The front door is always locked and I made sure the back was too, however when I returned twice in the same day it was open again!

The only way the back door could have opened is if it was unlocked from the inside, opened then locked again when the door was open. Nobody else has keys to the apartment except me and the locks was changed after the last tenant.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 1, 2012, 05:41 PM
    I don't know if I would jump to the paranormal just quite yet. If you are that curious about it I would possibly set up a camera when you are not around.

If indeed you do start to really think it is paranormal, it can be removed. I am curious why, if you don't believe in God, you would consider having the home blessed.

Apr 1, 2012, 05:50 PM
    What else could it be? And you don't have to believe in god to bless a house. Also just because I don't believe in god doesn't mean I don't have a religion.

I haven't spent a full day there or even spent a full night or anything. Tomorrow should be my full night as I'm nearly finished moving. I am very spiritual grew up a pagan/wiccan and I'm buddhist but still believe in all three. I'm not sure what to do at the moment but ill find out during this week.

Apr 1, 2012, 06:00 PM
    You're right... it could be paranormal.

I never said you don't have a religion.

Apr 1, 2012, 06:14 PM
    Basically all I want to know is if this thing is paranormal, can it hurt or harm me?

The door may be broken which could be the issue but if not am I in danger?

Apr 1, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Most likely it won't, but yes it can. This, of course, is my Christian opinion...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost/spirit [ 3 Answers ]

Yes it has been going on for quit sometime time frame I'm not sure I haven't always thought of ghost and spirits and it's not always in one particular house like stuff has happened when I lived at my parents always blew it off being the older brother didn't want my little brothers scared so always...

Is there a spirit/ghost following us? [ 5 Answers ]

Everywhere me and my son go there always seems to be paranormal things happening that are just too much to be nothing when we lived in our old place it got so bad we had to have a vicar round to bless the place. Wed had photos taken off walls and laid flat, rocking horse going on its own, the same...

I think there is some ghost or spirit in my room [ 3 Answers ]

Lately things have been happening to me, like a lighter went missing, doors have been opening and closing, and I used to play the ouija board with my friends when they came over. I'm pretty sure I closed the ouija board properly, but could this have something to do with what's been going on at my...

Is there a ghost or spirit following me or trying to communicate with me ? [ 0 Answers ]

I get feelings that I'm being watched and I've heard a voice talk to me but only saying one word, I couldn't understand the word the first time. It happened again on a different night and I heard " hello ". When I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep I feel like something is watching me and I hear...

Am I being followed by a ghost / spirit / thing? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm now 28 and still experiencing the same phenomenon that I did as a child. I have continuously been followed by what I can best describe as a dark figure that likes to play tricks. 'It' or 'they' have followed me from my childhood home, to university to where I reside today with my partner. I...

View more questions Search