Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Baldwinestel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 08:29 AM
    My mom died when I was 15 and I want to find her birth parents
    My mom died when I was 15 she was born in 1963. I want to find her birth parents her adoptive parents don't talk about her and they treat us differently then their other grand kids.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2012, 08:56 AM
    I am sorry they don't treat you the same ( or at least you don't believe they do) So what info do you have, did she ever search, do you know who her birth parents were. Do you know their names, have you talked to her parents about who the birth parents were.

What do you expect to find if you locate one or both of them?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2012, 09:44 AM
    I locate people as part of my work, but I won't locate anyone for someone who is a minor. How old are you? What info do you have?

FrChuck asks a very good question - what is your purpose in finding your birth grandparents?

I'm so sorry you lost your Mom and now you are going through this. Grief is difficult enough without anyone else making it worse.

Your Mom was young when she died - again, I'm sorry. It must have been very, very difficult. I was widowed and I know how that feels but the loss of a parent is somewhat different.
    Baldwinestel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 11:24 AM
    I am currently 23 she passed away in 2004. All I have is she was born in phoenix Arizona June 23 1963 died June 8 2004. Her adoptive parents won't give me any other information they are very secretive about he whole situation. What I want from knowing who they are I guess I just want to know why she gave up my mom and what is her name and what kind o culture or background did they come from I don't have to meet them. I guess I want to feel the void in my heart. My dad isn't the greatest person and my grandparents are very coldhearted my cousins use to tell my sibling and I that we arnt their family cause my mom was adopted . When she died I acted like it didn't affect me but I had too cause I have 2 younger sibling and a father that couldn't take care of himself let alone us. So I became the caretaker for everyone and wasn't able to help myself cause I was helping everyone else. Now I'm 23 living on my own and starting to deal with it and everyone is saying arnt you over it or you didn't care then why do you care now. And it's very frustrating I feel so alone my best friends don't want to hear it cause they say it's too sad. Late at night a few months ago I thought of this analogy about grief if you lose a leg you don't ever get over the loss of losing that leg you have to learn how to walk again a different way and that's how I feel grief is you never get over it you just learn how to live your life without them. Sorry I'm rambling. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2012, 02:22 PM
    As far as grief is concerned, yes, it's like losing a leg and having to learn to walk without one. You always have that loss.

My concern is that you want to know why her birth parents "gave up" your mom for adoption. That's a tough question, and it's going to sound accusatory

How was your father able to adopt THREE children if he's incapable? Was yours a family adoption or closed/private adoption?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me find my birth mom [ 15 Answers ]

Her name was shannon Mcmanamon and I was adopted through the easter house 14 yrs ago

Parents divorced.live with mom.She has no will.If she died,can I choose where to go [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13.My parents are divorced.My mom has full custody of me.She does not have a Will written out yet.If she dies while I'm still 13 or even 14 can I choose where I live or do I have to go with my father?

Won't to find my birth mom [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure what to do. I won't to find to find my biological mother but I have limited information about her and limited money to spend what are my best options or what direction should I go?

I need to find my birth mom [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is lakecia I'm 24 and I'm trying to find my birth mom terri Valley she is somewhere in Florida I think but if anyone can help please I need to find her to bring some closure to my self:):)

Parents died.can't find deed [ 3 Answers ]

Both my parents died and I need to know how to find the deed to their house. They paid it off SEVERAL years ago and we (my brothers & I) need to sell it.

View more questions Search