Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielwasher View Post
    i never said i didnt believe you i even thanked you he contacted me with his appionin thank you both
    He didn't contact you. You started a new thread.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Thank you Dr Bill, he was not believing me in the other post. He just knew that water diluted it, I told him adding water would fail the test ( show up that water was added) and be worst from the PO side than just failing the test since it showed he cheated the test.

Also he does not realise there is a safe guard at the point of testing that will indicate if the temp is not correct for urine in the body

I will say that at many collection points the person watching feels self cosciense about watching and often do not watch as close as they should.

Most people are smart enough to know that diluting it does not work and try to use someone elses urine which is why the temp issue is always watched.
    I am very skeptical of the commercial drug testing industry and little surprises me but this was an observed collection where the subject had access to water, and temperature must be taken immediately at time of provision and most of the required transport containers furnished by the lab have a built in temp-check, the sample should be visually checked for color. All of this should be accomplished before the sealant ID strip is applied to the shipment container.

An observed collection that is found to be dilute or substituted or even adulterated would seem unenforceable. Usually the observation is based on suspicion and occurs only following an un-testable sample (re-test).

Up to the point of shipment all of the safeguards failed or were ignored.

If the proceeding follows the preceding my guess is that nothing will come of this as no sooner than the sample arrives at the lab one of the techs will spill it on the floor before it ever gets to the analyzer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 04:31 PM
    I will be honest I have done a urine test many time for various jobs and the such, and in most cases there were suppose to observe, but not once was it ever done properly. Often they had me go into a bathroom, leave the door cracked and told me not to run any water till I handed them the container. And that was about the most watched it ever got.
    I know in the PO office I worked at, seldom did they stand and watch it being done. I never had to personally take any, most of my job was locating some of the ones who did not come in.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I will be honest I have done a urine test many time for various jobs and the such, and in most cases there were suppose to observe, but not once was it ever done properly. often they had me go into a bathroom, leave the door cracked and told me not to run any water till I handed them the container. And that was about the most watched it ever got.
    I know in the PO office I worked at, seldom did they stand and watch it being done. I never had to personally take any, most of my job was locating some of the ones who did not come in.
    Perhaps that is what he was referring to. When an observed collection is ordered it requires that the individual remain in full view during the provision of same. That is that the observer would be in the room with the subject, physically hand them the container and recover it immediately on completion. That procedure is unusual and is generally ordered as part of a re-test resulting from a dilute, substituted or adulterated finding on the original. Otherwise avoided.

Perhaps I was assuming the strict interpretation whereas he was referring to the fact that someone was nearby and not really a direct observation.

Still leaves unexplained the temp-check. The sample should never have left the collection point.
    danielwasher Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Apr 25, 2012, 02:28 PM
    If sent to lab can they tell what was drank
    I added water to my urine it was sent to the lab to be tested it came back positive can they check it again and tell what alcohol was drank
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2012, 03:42 PM
    i added water to my urine it was sent to the lab to be tested it came back positive can they check it again and tell what alcohol was drank
    No. They detect ethanol which is common to all beverages.

Apr 25, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    No. They detect ethanol which is common to all beverages.
    but they can tell if it was wine or vodka or ken they
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
    but they can tell if it was wine or vodka or ken they
    No. That isn't done.

Apr 25, 2012, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drbill100 View Post
    no. That isn't done.
    thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take for alcohol to leave your system in a urine test [ 3 Answers ]

I have a urine test on Thursday at about 8:00 pm but I basically spent all day Tuesday drinking beers and wine till about 7:00pm that's about a 48 hour window. I weigh about 265 pounds. Will the alcohol be gone for that urine test?

How long does alcohol take to leave your system? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a bood test this week and have not had a drink for 5 days now will this still show in my blood and urine,also will it show in my liver ?

How long for alcohol to leave your system? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi how long does alcohol take to get out of your system for a blood test if I don't drink for a week? After having a couple of drinks nightly? Thanks

How long does it take alcohol to leave your system? [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it take alcohol to leave your system if you weight about 190 pounds and about 6'3 ?

View more questions Search