Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babychick2 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 05:30 AM
    Lovebirds
    Hi, I have a pairs of 12 lovebirds in one big cage and holes for their nests. I have seen 2 male birds trying to mate but the female do not want to mate even though they are sharing the same nest and spend time together. I thought the nest is not preffered by the female to lay eggs so I made the nest more better by adding newspaper slices and wood chips like before but they throw them out. I really want them to lay eggs. What is the reason for them not mating and how can I make them to do so?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2012, 09:22 AM
    You've asked questions about your lovebirds before and I posted a very good site - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/birds/...gg-577993.html.

Did you read the info that I provided?

I had lovebirds for a number of years - I didn't make the nest. They did. I provided the materials and they carried the materials into the nesting boxes and built the nests to THEIR standards, not mine. They obviously don't want wood chips and newspaper and the more you disturb them the less likely they are to mate. Newspaper is DEFINITELY a bad idea.

12 pairs is a LOT of lovebirds in one cage. How big is the cage? I had a flight cage and was advised to keep no more than 4 birds in it at any one time.

I think you need to read more about lovebirds before they have "babies."
    caromalta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 08:58 AM
    My male lovebird just don't want to mate. The female is trying hard for the past 2 months... not sure what to do (the male is around 1.5 years old(the female 2 years old)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lovebirds [ 0 Answers ]

I hd a pair of green peached face love birds but due to some reason the female died few days back so I bought one companion I.e lutino female for my green one. I want to ask if dey are compatible with each other and dr is a age difference also b/w 2 one is 1 year old and the other one is 6 months...

Lovebirds [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pair of lovebirds. In May the female laid 4 eggs and after 27th days she threw it out of the nesting box.After 2 weeks she laid one egg and in 2 days she threw it out of the nesting box.Any idea why is my bird behaving this way.Please help.

Lovebirds egg [ 11 Answers ]

Hii.. can u *** tell me how long does it take for a lovebird eggs to hatch?

Lovebirds breeding. [ 2 Answers ]

I have lovebirds that have laid their eggs on the floor! The first time this happened she didn't incubate and they went bad and eventually broke! Then I place a nest (sieve) in the cage. They loved sitting in it but still laid their eggs on the floor. I moved the first 3 up into the nest but they...

Lovebirds [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have two lovebirds. One blue and one green. The blue one died a while ago due to illness, and I suspect that the green one contracted the illness as well. Some of the symptoms the green one are showing now are watery droppings. It contains of thin Feces and excess urine. Its transparent, no...

View more questions Search