Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schmidthd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 03:27 PM
    Well, I am on day 1 1/2 and I still feel good. I have always had a knack when on any "diet" to have mind over matter for the most part, which I am rather lucky I guess. I am hoping for good things to come out of this after speaking with my Dr and looking at some of the information out there. I will go for the 15 day and see how I am doing after that. I just cooked dinner and I do say that the food I cooked for my wife did smell darn good, lol. Wish me LUCK!
    clee965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 03:46 AM
    WRONG WRONG WRONG. A juice fast using FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES is INDEED giving you ALL THE NUTRIENTS YOU NEED. Read up on it. visit Joe Cross website or Jason Vale or even watch the documentary "Hungry For Change". Americans get TOO MANY CALORIES and NOT ENOUGH NUTRIENTS because we eat chemical laden processed foods. Raw fruits and veggies sustained our ancestors and it can sustain you on a 30 day fast. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. While exercising, listen to your body... I am on day 7 of juice fast. I'm a marathoner... I feel great.
    cultrshk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 06:33 AM
    No offense, but we are each individuals, with individual tolerances-across a lot of areas of life, psychological, physical, and most likely nutritional. The "science" of medicine is based largely on case studies. The most "shaky" and least generalizable of all the research-based studies. Why? Because medicine and society used to understand we are heterogeneous creatures. The food that might be right for my body is not as helpful to yours.

Fasting is a time honored tradition for many cultures-and they survived for thousands of years. Americans, at least, (and maybe some people in EU countries-I have no idea) are not comfortable with being uncomfortable, as a general rule. Our knee jerk response is "oh no! that will be so unhealthy"

I think a thoughtful individual would take it "a day at a time". Pay attention to what your body is telling you. If you are so weak and tired or you feel like you can't take another step-you need to stop. I would interpret it as your body saying "we're not wired for this and it isn't helpful". The positive stories of juicing should be weighed equally with the negative. It may work for you. It may not.

Just a note: Western medicine is very concerned with the "why". If something works, we want to study it and know why. If we can't find the "why" we ask a heterogeneous sample of people to do it-and if, on average, this large group of many different people, do not show an effect-we chalk it up all previous successes to the placebo effect. God forbid, a few people actually show negative effects-well then the whole thing is absolutely null. In this regard, we are being very simplistic as a scientific society. We are engaging in "all or nothing" thinking in our sample selection.

This is just a thought. Remember you may "commit" to a 30 or 60 day fast, but be careful not to "make" yourself engage in it if your body is saying "uh. no" for a prolonged period. If it doesn't work, don't force it.

The preceding was my humble opinion. I am not an MD, just a PhD.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cultrshk View Post
    No offense, but we are each individuals, with individual tolerances-across a lot of areas of life, psychological, physical, and most likely nutritional. The "science" of medicine is based largely on case studies. The most "shaky" and least generalizable of all the research-based studies. Why? because medicine and society used to understand we are heterogeneous creatures. The food that might be right for my body is not as helpful to yours.

Fasting is a time honored tradition for many cultures-and they survived for thousands of years. Americans, at least, (and maybe some people in EU countries-I have no idea) are not comfortable with being uncomfortable, as a general rule. Our knee jerk response is "oh no! that will be so unhealthy"

I think a thoughtful individual would take it "a day at a time". Pay attention to what your body is telling you. If you are so weak and tired or you feel like you can't take another step-you need to stop. I would interpret it as your body saying "we're not wired for this and it isn't helpful". The positive stories of juicing should be weighed equally with the negative. It may work for you. It may not.

Just a note: Western medicine is very concerned with the "why". If something works, we want to study it and know why. If we can't find the "why" we ask a heterogenous sample of people to do it-and if, on average, this large group of many different people, do not show an effect-we chalk it up all previous successes to the placebo effect. God forbid, a few people actually show negative effects-well then the whole thing is absolutely null. In this regard, we are being very simplistic as a scientific society. We are engaging in "all or nothing" thinking in our sample selection.

This is just a thought. Remember you may "commit" to a 30 or 60 day fast, but be careful not to "make" yourself engage in it if your body is saying "uh. no" for a prolonged period. If it doesn't work, don't force it.

The preceding was my humble opinion. I am not an MD, just a PhD.
    Best to check the timeline on the original post. This is from last year.
    LunaRavenFox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 11:07 PM
    Hello.
    I was just looking up some of the questions the original poster asked. I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and was interested in juice fasting. I have not done a juice fast yet. Instead, I have been trying to gather enough information to begin one. I have two friends who have done a juice fast and have seen amazing results! Losing weight is just one benefit, and there are many more!

I just wanted to say something to the people who made negative comments toward juice fasting.

A. If you haven't tried it, then why would you have anything bad to say about it?
    B. If you think it's so bad, then why can't you give people hard evidence? When individuals say that it's bad for you, they can't give you hard evidence. For example, they say that a doctor wouldn't recommend this way to lose weight. If you have serious health problems, a doctor might say no, or tell you to just try one day and see what happens from there. Secondly, my doctor who is a licensed physician gave me the go-ahead for a 10 day Juice Fast and possibly longer if the results in my Triglycerides, blood pressure and blood sugar are better.
    C. Yes, I believe that if people can't change their diet for the better, that they would regain the weight rather quickly. But as an above poster had stated after going quite a ways into their Juice Fast, that they craved cashews and Salmon!

As for the original poster, coffee is good for you in moderation. The reason why it's not so good on a juice fast is that you are going from not using energy consuming your food, to using a lot. Coffee dehydrates you because it uses so much energy to process the caffeine. Alcohol is not good for you, anyway. It's poison, even if you try to moderate it. Definitely a no-no on a Juice Fast. From what I have seen on other people, flabby skin comes from losing weight fast without exercise. Being on the juice fast, you're getting so many good enzymes and nutrients for your body, and your body uses slim to none energy consuming it! So I would assume that working out wouldn't be bad, plus it could help you feel even better about yourself! The endorphins from exercise plus the great feeling you get from Juice Fasting? It sounds incredible enough to me!

I hope that you will have a successful juice fast, and I hope that the haters won't keep you down! Good luck and stay determined!
    Big _Al Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 07:16 PM
    Have another cheezeburger & a big plate of pasta you processed food junkie. You don't know what your talking about you retard.
    zskatja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 06:54 AM
    I am on day 6, but to be honest I am sick off cucumber. I don't mind the fruit juices but the veggie ones just make me dream about things in the fridge. Any idea about good veggie recipes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juice fast questions (40 days) [ 18 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, I have some juice fasting questions I was hoping to get answered. :-) How long does average freshly squeezed juice stay fresh? If I want to drink 10 cups of juice do I have to juice it 10 times a day or can I make juice to last a day or two? I know pineapple juice has to be drunk...

Juice fast questions? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you eat soup while juicing

Juice Fast [ 1 Answers ]

My plan is to embark on a 30 day juice fast. I weigh 400 pounds and I want to know how many pounds could I loose in 30 days? I plan to keep my calories at or about 840. So please respond with answers.

15 day Juice Fast [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I was planning on doing a 15 day juice fast. About 5 days after that, I'm planning on going down South where I will be drinking alcohol. Will this hurt my body a lot? Once I get back, I was planning on doing a 30 day juice fast. I'm just wondering what will happen when I eat and drink...

Juice fast [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it take to start to lose weight when you juice fast?

View more questions Search