Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2012, 02:31 PM
    Author Nicholas Monsarrat's lock of hair?
    I have a book by the author, Nicholas Monsarrat, titled, 'The Tribe That Lost Its Head'. While reading through the book, I had a shock to discover a lock of hair between some pages! The first thing that came to mind is that no one will ever use their hair as a bookmark, so could it be the own author's hair? Creative people are eccentric. I do not know how to verify this. Could someone please point me in the right direction. I want to seriously know this as I want it properly valued and auction it if it's confirmed. It's a hardcover with dust jacket and a first edition.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2012, 03:14 PM
    Nicholas Monsarrat was buried at sea after his death in 1979, so I'm thinking you are out of luck trying to find out if that's his lock of hair.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2012, 03:17 PM
    And it is common for grandparents or parents to save clippings of their kids hair. Or a girl friend or boyfriend keeps a lock or hair.

Can you prove this book belonged to the author, is it autographed ?
    doctorsassistan Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Years ago,I worked in a public library. Among the things we found used as bookmarks were (very personal) letters, a rasher of bacon (cooked), a wedding ring and an engagement ring. The last two were not connected! So a lock of hair as a bookmark is maybe not so strange...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost-benefit analysis of cash management Nicholas Birdcage Company of Hollywood ships [ 5 Answers ]

Cost-benefit analysis of cash management Nicholas Birdcage Company of Hollywood ships cages throughout the country. Nicholas has determined that through the establishment of local collection centers around the country, he can speed up the collection of payments by one and one-half days....

Can your lanlord change your lock (lock out) without going through the courts? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a month to month lease and have been paying every month. My landlord is selling her condo and I have agreed to stay here until she sell and open my house for showing while I reside her but the agreement was it has to be convinent me and a 48hr notice. Well that has not been the case and the...

Can't turn on laptop, all caps lock,Num lock, scr. Lock lights are on [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one help me, please I don't know what did my kids do my sony laptop, now I can't turn it on. When I turn on the laptop, only power, battery and hard drive lights are on but the screen is not on at all. All caps lock, Num lock and Screen lock lights are on all the time, the laptop doesn't...

Nicholas sparks fan? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm planning to read nicholas sparks' books. Nights in rodanthe is nice by the way. What are his other good books?? :)

View more questions Search