Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acates11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Want custody of my niece
    I am trying to get custody of my niece. I have been a really long time. My sister who signed her right over to our dad. I no longer speak to him because of his wife. I have tried to look into this for a while but never got the nerve. I now have a safe home and environment and great school for her to attend. I do work and do have the ability to take care of a child. She is now 4 years old and is living with my step dad and his wife.

They have been charged with assault against each other. They also drink and go to bars many times. But that has been a few months. Not really sure if I can even attempt to try and fight for her because I have nothing on them right now. Other than their history. I do know. The child is not in a good home. They have two other kids living there who are not in a good home either. But that's not my concerns. My concern is my niece. She uses bad language they have not heard. I have known for them to also give her alcohol. I do not think that is acceptable. But for someone reason they still find a way to win the war..

Check out some similar questions!

I have custody of my great niece and her mother is threatening to sue to get custody [ 5 Answers ]

What does a parent have to prove to regain custody from a relative

Getting custody of niece [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to adopt my 14yr. Old niece. She resides with a family in AZ, that her father gave temporary custody to because he lacks a home, food, shelter for my niece. My neices mother is my sister who also is unstable and a recovering addict who was once homeless. I reside in WA state and my...

Getting custody of my niece [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is bipolar, on medication, but is not stable. She has a one-year-old daughter, my niece. She is unemployed and lives with our 62-year-old single, working mother. My mother does everything: works to support them, takes and picks the child up from daycare, shops, cleans and takes care of...

Custody of a niece [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am looking for some answers and any imput would be greatly appreciated. The situation is like this... My sister-in-law is mentaly sick. She and her husband have a 6.5 year old daughter. Her illness got to the point that is pretty much unmanageable as she is dropping her...

I have temp. Custody of my niece how do I get full custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has 3 kids and don't have custody of any of them. I have temporary custody of her 1 year old and the other the other 2's father has custody of them. She signed her to me for a year, but when that year is up she might want her back and I want to have everything ready for that. If you can...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.