Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aussie Bob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Beep codes
    Compaq Presario 2710US laptop won't boot but beeps:
    One short, pause, 3 beeps, 3 beeps then a single beep.

Any ideas?
    BobO'B
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
    I couldn't find much info, such as a service manual, on HP's site or elsewhere on the Internet for this model to decode the code, but beeps are often video initialization or memory error related. Try removing and re-seating the memory. Did the laptop ever boot?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I added ram and beep beep beep beep beep? [ 12 Answers ]

I added ram and computer will not stat up it just beeps the ram is compatible and I can not figure out what's wrong( at the start of my computer it ask me which OS do I want to use could this be the problem)??

Cussin, and swearing, beep beep! [ 7 Answers ]

Nothing on TV today, getting read to load up a DVD. Reading some of the AMHD post in the "active members" board, I am suddenly annoyed by the TV. It's turn down low, but all I can hear is a "BEEP" every 3 seconds. So I look to see what channel it's on, and I see it's on some cooking thing, where...

I added ram and beep beep beep beep beep? [ 2 Answers ]

I added ram and beep beep beep beep beep? I added ram and computer will not stat up it just beeps the ram is compatible and I can not figure out what's wrong( at the start of my computer it ask me which OS do I want to use could this be the problem)??

Computer Beep [ 2 Answers ]

I have a four year old Gateway Solo . It is running Windows XP.When I turn my computer on I hear a loud beeping sound for 15 seconds. A delay of 5 seconds.then 60 seconds of a loud beep. This happens all the time now. I do not get a code on the computer. A few times the computer did not boot....

View more questions Search