Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoAlone Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Hurtful relationship
    To all of the women/teenage girls,

If your boyfriend was hitting you and beating you up, and one of your friends told you to dump him because of it... what would you do? Listen to your friend or stay with the guy?
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 20, 2007, 03:45 PM
    It isn't okay for anyone to hit you. I would get help and get out of the relationship. Obviously this person needs help. If you stay in this kind of relationship you will not be doing anyone any favours. This is NEVER OKAY, anytime anyone abuses you verbally, physically - get out and get help. Take care of yourself please.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Really?

I would get out of the relationship before it escilated to getting killed. Living in an abusive relationship is DANGEROUS.

Why do you think it is okay to get hit and beat up? Do you think that is normal?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Listen to your friend. Why do you want to stay with someone who beats you up? Do not tell me you love him. Do not tell me he loves you. That is not real love.

If you have not contacted someone from a women's resource center, like a safe shelter or abuse crisis center, please do so, ASAP. You need some counseling to understand that your boyfriend is abusive and will most likely (99.99%) continue to be abusive. Nothing you can do will change that. Nothing! What you can do is to get help for yourself.

Have you reported his abuse to the local police or sheriff? What he is doing is criminal and he can be prosecuted for it. You need to learn how not to be his victim, but how to overcome the situation and get away from this guy.

Please get some help for yourself. Abuse does not lessen - it intensifies and there have been many a woman in a morgue to prove it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 07:12 PM
    I'd listen to my friend and get a restraining order against the guy. Then enforce it to the utmost.
    Cb1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Feb 25, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Unfortunately a lot of women do not have selfworth that is why they pick up abusers, wife beaters, baby daddys and girlfriend-cursing men etc.

These nasty men know that no self-respecting woman will stay with them that is why when you want to leave they won't let you.

The ball is in your court!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Listen to your friend and get him as far out of your life as possible, and then get some profesional help to help you see that you have a dangerous unhealthy relationship, if you cannot see how wrong it is for one human to beat another.
    scol409 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SoAlone
    To all of the women/teenage girls,

If your boyfriend was hitting you and beating you up, and one of your friends told you to dump him because of it... what would you do? listen to your friend or stay with the guy?
    Leave and don't look back. Value yourself. Have some self respect and realize that people treat you how you allow them to treat you. Even though I don't know you - I know you deserve better than to be hit.
    firey40 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
    You need to get out of that relationship. You can't be letting yourself get hurt any more. God put you here to be happy:)
    sexybeasty Posts: 112, Reputation: 16

Feb 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
    It may not be about self respect for you anymore, it may be about fear. What are you afraid of? Do you have family? What keeps you there?

The reason I ask? I was abused by my first husband. It came subtly and when he felt he had me, after marriage, things changed for the worse. It was fear that may me feel I had to stay after that. I was fearful of being the first in the family to divorce. I was in fear of my job becoming involved... we were both in the military and that was another "bad marriage" for me.LOL I was in fear of my husband reatliating. He always threatened me with hit men. I didn't believe him, but wasn't sure what he would do, as he was crazy... and physically violent. Mental and emotional abuse were in play also.

If you think things are going to improve in time, think again. Usually violence escellates. My saving grace was that my then hubby got a girl on the side and I left when he was away for training in another country. Timing is everything in these cases. I was just out of the mililtary (honerable discharge) so they weren't in charge of me anymore either.

Get yourself into counselling first, and discuss with the counselor your best and SAFEST options. Bless you, honey. It can be sooo much better. My second husband, who I have been married to for fifteen years is a dreamboat who adores me and treats me like the princess I felt I was born to be, Accept no less. (smile)
    SapphireChild Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 09:57 AM
    If one of my boyfriends ever put his hands on me, I'd dump him the first time it had happened. There can't possibly be anything good in this relationship that can outweigh the fact that he does this to you. For the sake of everything good in the world, this guy needs to be left.
    justme29 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Having been abused by my father while I was younger I realised nomatter what I had 2 get out, I moved into my mothers and am happy with how things are, I have'nt seen my dad since but I have no regrets and feel free from the pain he used 2 cause me, don't let anything get worse you need 2 get away as your friend says to. I have post traumatic stress and struggle with every day, get away and be strong, no person in the world should treat you or anyone else like that, I wish you all the best

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend doesn't want relationship now? [ 30 Answers ]

Ok, so where do I begin. I'm 22 and my girlfriend is about to turn 19 in July. We have been together for four years and they have been great. So good that I'm almost a part of her family. We went to Chicago for a week as vacation time and it was good for the both of us. We came back and thing...

How do I know if this is the right relationship? [ 23 Answers ]

Past couple of days I've been debating with myself whether I love my girlfriend or not. I'm the type of person who worries about everything. My girlfriend always says she loves me and I know she does. But sometimes when she says she loves me, I can't say it back:confused:... but there are other...

What relationship should I go for? [ 32 Answers ]

Hey all! As some of you possibly know I resently broke up with my girlfriend. No I just have one question. Many people here have told me to MOVE ON! And I have! :D Not to a new girl or anything yet but I will... in time :) But I dicided not to make any uneeded contact with her for a...

Relationship [ 8 Answers ]

2 yrs. Ago I met someone... both of us are married. He's married 17 yrs. 25 for me. We met walking our dogs in the park. Don't know where to begin... we had lots in common, he has met my husband, I have met his wife. Oh gosh, this is going to be too long of a story. Let's see. We got very...

Relationship [ 4 Answers ]

Birthdate 10 2 1948 I need advice re my current relationship. Has he been cheating? Is he using me for a place to stay... my car.. Is he capable of commitment? Thank you.

View more questions Search