Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rigor Mortis Violet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Decomposition Rate with Formaldehyde
    I am writing a story, and I needed a little forensic help. What would a corpse look like after ten years of burial in a coffin, average winters/summers/rain and etc (average being average for places that get around three to eight inches of snow every year.
    How much slower does a body pumped full of formaldehyde decompose? How long does it take formaldehyde to decompose, or dry out?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Very interesting question. Have you heard about the Body Farm? It is here in Tennessee where I live. They do research like this. Check it out.
    Rigor Mortis Violet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Oh, yeah, I've heard of it and I've begged my mom to go...
    Awesome link. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the word equation for the thermal decomposition of calcium carbonate? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the word equation for the thermal decomposition of calcium carbonate? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rate of Return [ 2 Answers ]

:) A 2 year maturity bond with face value of $1,000 that makes annual coupon payments of $80 and is selling at face value. What will be the rate of return on the bond if its yield to marurity at the end of the year is a. 6% b. 8% c. 10% :)

Transfer Rate [ 1 Answers ]

My transfer rates drop radicly while down loading. I am running Win XP home. I have dial up and my rate is about 4200bps. My rates start any where from 12 to 15kb And drop quickly to an average o 1.75bps. What causes this and how do I fix it?

How do we know it is a decomposition reaction? [ 1 Answers ]

Please explain your answer ;) thankz for your help Like I said: How do we know it is a decompositon reaction? :confused:

Decomposition [ 2 Answers ]

This gruesome question is research for a novel... can you tell me the chronology of decomposition of a newborn body shallowly buried in freezing/near freezing outdoor temperature? How long would the body remain intact for identification of a cause of death?

View more questions Search