Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12345jo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 06:47 PM
    Light switch
    Wanting to move a light swich

Can I take the wire that is running to the ceiling light undo it from the ceiling light, wire it to a new light swich throw anew juntion box, then add new wire up to the ceiling light?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 07:44 PM
    I don't think I understand what you are saying. Don't know what you mean by
    throw anew juntion box;

Describe what you have and what you want to do.
    12345jo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 08:21 PM
    Can I take the wire that is going to my ceiling light disconect it run down to a new juntion box, wire it to a new light swich, run another wire back to the ceiling light?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I replaced pull switch lights with recess but the wall switch won't turn off the light [ 2 Answers ]

I added lights and outlets to my basement and all of the outlets work fine. Before I started the switch on the wall controlled one light and all of the others had pull strings. I've tried everything but the switch will not turn off the remaining three lights. What did I do wrong... how do I fix it?...

Need help changing a two wire light switch to a fan and light switch. [ 3 Answers ]

Wall switch box has two black wires and two white wires(spliced. New switch has black wire, red wire(light),yellow wire(fan), and green wire(ground). I think I need an independent wire for the fan and light. How?

I have wired a switch to a light in the middle of the circuit. On the switch I put t [ 6 Answers ]

I have wired a switch in the middle of the circuit. I put the white hot wire marked black on the top of the switch and the black hot wire on the bottom. When I look at a diagram they have the black on top and the white hot on bottom. I have connected the white hot to the black wire coming out of...

Swapping Dual Light Switch for Dimmer/Three Position Switch for Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to swap out a dual switch for a switch that has a dimmer for the ceiling fan light and a three position switch to control the fan. The original wiring had white to white on switch, black to black on switch, and one black from light connected to the top switch pole and the other black...

View more questions Search