Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WILLSTONE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Why doesn't the power vent come on on my GAMA furnace model #GMPN120-5?
    I have the goodman gmpn-120-5, I have a solid red trouble lite, but my power exhaust fan will not come on everything else seems to working OK. Can you tell what the problem is with this furnace?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Power vent,, where might this vent be located? I ask because some folks seem to call the inducer assembly/motor a power vent . The inducer assembly is part of the furnace and if it isn`t working the furnace will not work. But what we should call a power vent which sometimes are mounted outside the furnace with the exhaust vented into powervent to help push the exhaust out of home,usually when there is farther distance than normal to blow out the exhaust,, lol,so with all this said,do you have a powervent or a inducer assembly(part of the furnace)
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 04:56 PM
    Yep, need to know exactly what part you are talking about. Can you post a few pics?
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
    Start by checking for a call for heat from the stat if no call for heat venter will not start . If you have a call for heat check for power at venter . Power at venter could mean a bad venter or blockage in fan stopping it from running. No power at venter the relay that controls it is bad this item is on the board and will require a board replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gama GMP Gas Furnace. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the age of a Gama gmp100-3 furnace, serial# 9402037092?

Furnace power vent soot [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace has been cleaned, adjusted several times. Every year there is soot getting into the basement. It is a oil boiler furnace with a power vent. Person repairing says it needs a chimney. Power vent replaced 5 years ago. Problem just started 2/3 years ago. Not sure it needs a chimney. Any...

Goodman furnace power vent and indoor blower relay [ 1 Answers ]

Where are the power vent really and the indoor blower relays located in the Goodman GMP100-3 furnace. According to the repairman these needs to be replaced because the contacts may be bad

No heat from a Coleman Direct vent forced air furnace Model #7680a [ 2 Answers ]

I am having promblems with getting the heat from an older Coleman Direct vent forced air furnace Model #7680a that's installed in a mobile home. The thermostat was replaced The fan comes on. The pilot feed that goes into the side but isn't attached. Do u have any specs on this model?

Furnace Power Vent Control Box and Sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I have this power vent kit on my gas furnace: http://www.fieldcontrols.com/pdfs/46285100.PDF Actually, the vent itself is different, but the control box is the same. Sometimes my thermostat turns on the furnace, but the control box won't turn on the blower. I had a...

View more questions Search