Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbawjaws Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Mass increase
    If the LHC collider can accellerate protons to near the speed of light is their increase in mass negligible
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
    The increase in mass of particles at relativistic speeds can be quite significant. Relativistic mass is calculated from:

at 95% speed of light mass increases over rest by a factor of 3.

Actually a better way tio state this is that the particle momentum increases at relativistic speeds following:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I pay mass tax if I live in nh and work in nh but my company is based in mass? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I am a plumber and live in NH. I have worked for two different companies which are based in MASS. One company I only worked in NH and they were taking out MASS tax until I asked them not to, they already took out 800.00. But they did provide me with a letter stating that I worked 0...

Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, are = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fix [ 0 Answers ]

Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, r = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fixed, frictionless beari? Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, r = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fixed, frictionless bearing. A string wrapped around the cylinder pulls downward with a force F which...

If you increase the mass but the net force stays const. What happens to acclereration? [ 3 Answers ]

What happens to the acceleration of a system when the mass of the system increases but the net force stays constant?

How does mass increase [ 1 Answers ]

If matter cannot be created nor destroyed, how does mass ( defined as the amount of material, or matter within an object ) increase as an object approaches the speed of light?

How to decrease fat content and increase muscle mass in our body ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My weight is fine according to my height. But the fat content is more and muscle mass is less. That's why I have less stamina as compared to others of my age. Also, water content is low. I am advised to take more water and fibrous food. I want to know more about what all should I include in...

View more questions Search